Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think wilder will vacate the wbc belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see him vacating his title, it's the only leverage he has. Without he is just another canon fodder nobody. I'm sure the WBC will be happy to sanction big title fights with the likes of Billy Bronco Wright or possibility a Dustin Nichols rematch for Wilder. Exciting times ahead for HW boxing.

Comment

Seems like most of you guys think he will give up the belt.

Comment

I think Wilder wants to hang on to the title, but he would vacate it rather than go to Russia to fight Povetkin. I do think he'd fight Povetkin in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Tell me why you think he'll vacate a belt which will earn him in excess of 10m should he face Povetkin or Klitschko.

Comment

We all know that povetkin is more athletic,skillful and elusive than deontay chicken legs wilder.

With that In mind will he pull a Peter quillin and vacate?
            No Haymon and Wilder will keep paying the WBC avoidance money to keep the paper title

Comment

Most posters seem to be saying the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                No Haymon and Wilder will keep paying the WBC avoidance money to keep the paper title
                It's only a "paper title" for another year at the most probably. Then it's a piece of the real one.

Sorry folks it's just business. Serious money to be made in the Wilder-Joshua-Fury-Jennings-Parker era. SERIOUS money. No one is looking to derail that money train for Sasha Povetkin or Kubrat Pulev.

Boxed learned its lesson in the Klitschko era for better or worse. When the HW division is run by Eastern Europeans who Westerners can't relate to, boxing as a whole suffers, just the way it is. When Holyfield, Lennox, Tyson, etc were running the division, boxing was a goldmine.

Comment

Working...
                X