No announcement yet.

i dont know man, but kovalev dude seemed to holding back his punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    They KO might have been legit...but the process leading up to that "KO" seemed suspect. I saw Kovalev throwing punches at Canelo as if afraid to hurt him the entire fight...kinda like how a dog plays with his pups...
    This! Green K.

Comment

To those saying why Kovalev didn't have a rest after his most recent fight, well is because Canelo needed the short notice as the drug testing only starts when the fight is announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        Lmao. I figure if i start typing like a ****** youll start understanding me
        Lol I thought you said "Bye" Now you're back here to justify your idiocy.

Comment

He snapped Canelo's head back a few times. Kovalev struggled to make weight and looked flat and weak to me.

Comment

Again, all predicted here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=831340

Comment

Disagree. He had the same gameplan against Eleider as well - box him and stay on the outside. Canelo was smaller, faster, and a known body snatcher, which made Canelo never load up on his punches. I believe Kov got hit with a hook in the 2nd round too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                Why the weight clauses?

If kov was going to throw it anyway, why not let kov rest and come in after a full training camp?

If the fight was fixed have it look like Kov is coming in beast mode. Not no rest, coming off a rough fight, drained
                Because then it would have been to suspicious. Nobody would buy that a fully healed, healthy and trained Kovalev would not be able to land a decent punch.

But now the fact that he wasn’t able to throw a decent jab from the opening bell might be blamed the rehydration clause.

If you know my history here you know how much of a Kovalev fan I am and how much I defended him. But I believe he came in to throw the fight.

He forgot how to power jab from the opening bell. The few hard shots he did land on Canelo he held back and did not follow them up with any bad intentions.

Even the post fight interview sounded like a script he had ready. Zero emotions, very neutral.

All in all this was not the Kovalev his fans know and support in there.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Disagree. He had the same gameplan against Eleider as well - box him and stay on the outside. Canelo was smaller, faster, and a known body snatcher, which made Canelo never load up on his punches. I believe Kov got hit with a hook in the 2nd round too.

Think you meant to say Kovalev in the bolded. I agree 100 % Canelo is a masterful counter puncher with power ,and was countering the **** out of him .

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
                    Well, that was a fixed fight. Anyone who really follows and knows boxing Saw it. Just a little ashamed of the pro boxers and analysts who were going with the flow of thinking that the ko was real.
                    This. Fight was fixed. DAFIX is the Cheatelo network now. Please subscribe to DAFIX because we are losing money lol

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Except against Canelo his jab was pathetic from the opening bell, and he was fighting small, crouching himself to be on Canelo’s level, instead of fighting long and keeping Canelo at a distance by hitting him from the top. His jab was lazy from the opening bell. Kovalev came to lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X