No announcement yet.

Tank Davis wants to spar Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I’m starting to think this is all planned. You must admit Tank is getting a lot of pub out of this.
    I think that's happened in the past, esp with Broner. But, what's happening now with all these dudes is just an ugly look. It makes Floyd look incompetent. The "I want Loma but my manager won't let me!" is a great scheme and I think that's fully orchestrated but the general discontentment from many of his fighters seems like a real problem.
    Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    If I had to guess it probably has something to do with Floyd not making his promotional outfit his primary priority. I mean it's Floyd Mayweather. He lives for himself and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But it is bad for the vitality of his promotion. Oscar had to become a cheerleader for Golden boy to make it a success. Floyd's going to have to do the same and either go big or go home. Either put it all on the line like Oscar or sell it with his name branding it and keep a partial ownership stake in it.
    I agree with a lot of that.

My biggest problem with his promotion is that it seems to mostly consist of him being Floyd Mayweather. I mean, how many times have they had him on the mic after a fight? Oscar is the face of GBP, but he's clearly got an actual operation going on. I don't get the impression that TMT is strong as an operation and that might explain why unhappy fighters are directly blaming Floyd. Maybe he's expecting the "I'm Floyd Mayweather" thing to do most of the work for him.

Comment

Floyd Sr beats him, let alone floy jr

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I think that's happened in the past, esp with Broner. But, what's happening now with all these dudes is just an ugly look. It makes Floyd look incompetent. The "I want Loma but my manager won't let me!" is a great scheme and I think that's fully orchestrated but the general discontentment from many of his fighters seems like a real problem.

I agree with a lot of that.

My biggest problem with his promotion is that it seems to mostly consist of him being Floyd Mayweather. I mean, how many times have they had him on the mic after a fight? Oscar is the face of GBP, but he's clearly got an actual operation going on. I don't get the impression that TMT is strong as an operation and that might explain why unhappy fighters are directly blaming Floyd. Maybe he's expecting the "I'm Floyd Mayweather" thing to do most of the work for him.
        I know right. Oscar, people can say what they want about him, but he gave up his rockstar celebrity life to become a punching bag so Golden Boy could survive at the top. By punching bag I mean in his life after retirement. He gets trashed left and right and pretty much just had to become a crutch and take all the smears with a smile on his face.
        The real story probably is, what I already said he should do, has already happened. He likely has somebody else managing it and he's just the part time characature that shows up when he has to. I haven't been following boxing as closely anymore and he may already be involved, but Floyd should draft Richard Schaefer to run it. Sure the guy is a known sleaze bag that royally stabbed Oscar in the back but h*ll the guy sure has been a very influential player in GB and PBC's mainstream successes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBox View Post
          Ghetto = Classless, acts like a loudmouth teen, gangster wannabe.

So you're saying when you're a promoter, it's OK to act like a d1ck? uncle Al is a role model. His fighters respect him.
          Actually your definition is a connotation of the the word that depends on who’s talking.

No its not OK for a promoter to act like a d1ck. But I seen arum do it for years as well as a few others who have never been called ghetto.

Btw I think FMJ is a funny dressing ...no swag having... wanna be cool.... pucci paying for fool. Outside the ring. I only respect him as a boxer and nothing more. I still can’t understand how he pulled it off. But the world is run by beta males/nerdy cowards who are boaderline man loving celebrity crushing ****sexuals which blindly support certain people in turn making celebrities somewhat infallible.
          Last edited by Mrsantiago; 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Floyd got the gloves already picked out.

Haha plus will be a huge sized ring

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
              Ironic that you say that, when Mayweather did everything he could, to get Davis outta the ghetto. Mayweather literally bought Gervonta Davis a furnished house in Las Vegas, and what'd Gervontard do? He sold the furniture, and went back into the ghetto. Mayweather saved him from trashy Baltimore promoters, who were trying to sue him, and even handed him 2 world titles. One of those titles belonged to Alberto Machado, but the WBC was on some sus shit, and gave it to Davis. After everything Mayweather did for him, this is how Davis thanks him.
              C’mon man, you present too much truth up in here. Tools and fools don’t like it.

Jhonny and I appreciate it.

Comment

"Dancing with the stars"

Comment

Floyd is no saint. He's a businessman. A shady one. You're making it sound like he's the second coming of Mother Teresa. He ain't !! He didn't give Gervonta presents for free. Nothing's free on this planet.
                  Side note Mother Theresa was one of the most evil Europeans women in history check her history with people of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
                    Side note Mother Theresa was one of the most evil Europeans women in history check her history with people of color.
                    LMFAO !! Let the hag rest in peace, buddy.

Comment

LMFAO !! Let the hag rest in peace, buddy.
                      Lol. Never. I dont forgive and forget. She will die more than one death. I will assasinate her character whenever her name is spoken as well as anyone like her. Factss

Comment

Working...
                      X