Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan: Huge Crowd Expected at Stubhub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it set up for 10k?

Comment

Golovkin and Martirosyan boast a combined record of 73-3-2 (54 KOs) -- a winning percentage of 94% with close to 3/4 of those victories coming by way of knockout.

I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        What's it set up for 10k?
        Stubhub has a 8k setup for boxing.

Basically the same as the DC Armory.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Stubhub has a 8k setup for boxing.

Basically the same as the DC Armory.
          The Rubio fight did 9k though.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            The Rubio fight did 9k though.
            I'm just pulling the info from their site lol

"The 8,000-seat boxing stadium at StubHub Center has hosted various renown events such as Championship Boxing, Reebok CrossFit Games, LA Women's Tennis Championships, ..."

Comment

I would love to see this event, hope everyone has a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                I'm just pulling the info from their site lol

"The 8,000-seat boxing stadium at StubHub Center has hosted various renown events such as Championship Boxing, Reebok CrossFit Games, LA Women's Tennis Championships, ..."
                Whatever it is i wouldn't call it a "huge crowd" like the article says. It's definitely a step back.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Glad to see they were able to salvage something out of May 5th. Though Vanes isn't well known, I think khe brings more legitimacy than Spike and that may be why they're getting good sales. Even though it's a somewhat crappy event, I hope it does well.
                  There is a lot of armos in LA they all know him, but it’s gonna be a pro Mexican crowd the stubhub is small so it always sells out with Mexicans especially for ggg Mexico’s favorite fighter.

Comment

Undercards expected to be announced this week? Hmmm.....

Comment

Small venue with cheap tickets. Loeffler worried the MGM might be half empty so that's why they moved the fight to stubhub. When canelo has tickets this cheap he fills up football stadiums doing 52,000 in attendance. I would hardly call a 8,000 a huge crowd. This will be one of the lowest live gates in years for GGG and one of his smallest crowds. If he wanted a bigger gate or crowd he would of fought in Vegas or a better venue. Stubhub doesn't get big money fights they are known for smaller boxing after dark type fights. This is a step down for GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X