No announcement yet.

Suffering from lower back pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffering from lower back pain

I’m required to stand at work. Even with breaks, I’m still standing way too much at work to the point that it’s unhealthy.

From Monday - Thursday, I stand 6.5 hours at work. Friday, it’s 7.5 hours, and Saturday, it’s 3.25. According to what I’ve read, anything more than 5 hours on your feet will cause significant muscle fatigue.

I went to the gym at the beginning of the month and injured my back due to back form.

At first, I blamed myself. After reassessing everything and my current situation, I blame my job.

Standing for extended periods of time puts incredible strain on your lower back and lower extremities. This is backed by science.

It’s been a month and it hasn’t gotten much better. I need help.

Would a visit to a chiropractic surgery be of any use?

Comment

Physio/Chiro perhaps?

Sports massage?

Take some annual leave? Discuss this with your manager, I don't know what your job is but it's not worth your health.

Comment

Its far more likely its from incorrect lifting technique, bad posture or you need a new mattress than it would be standing too much.

Could be anything but standing too much is almost certainly not the reason. If anything you are putting a lot less stress on your lower back when standing.

If its been a month I'd go see a Dr make sure its not a herniated disc or something.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Its far more likely its from incorrect lifting technique, bad posture or you need a new mattress than it would be standing too much.

Could be anything but standing too much is almost certainly not the reason. If anything you are putting a lot less stress on your lower back when standing.

If its been a month I'd go see a Dr make sure its not a herniated disc or something.
          Well I injured my back after I started working at this account. Not only that, but I’ve thrown out my back before and I’ve recovered within a few to several days, easy. This has been going on for a month. Yes, I’m sure that I had bad form while working out, but there’s also a reason for that. The constant standing severely fatigued my muscles to the point that working out became incrediblely difficult.

I’ve been taking it easy. All I’ve been doing is light stretching and walking for the past month. My lower extremities are killing me and my back hasn’t gotten much better, if better at all.

I went to the union doctor and he gave me muscle relaxers and ibuprofen and a referral for physical therapy.

Comment

Standing up is bad now too???? Wut in the f#ck.

I been hearing sh^t about sitting too long being "a silent killer" for years now like they used to say about sh^t with your heart.

Can't stand too long. Can't sit too long. Can't sleep too long. What the motherf#ck you supposed to do levitate???

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Standing up is bad now too???? Wut in the f#ck.

I been hearing sh^t about sitting too long being "a silent killer" for years now like they used to say about sh^t with your heart.

Can't stand too long. Can't sit too long. Can't sleep too long. What the motherf#ck you supposed to do levitate???
              A lot of it I believe is being stuck in one position for extended periods of time. The body wasn’t meant to be stationary. I think the body actually rejects it. You get sore after not moving for an extended period of time. The key is to have breaks between sitting and standing. You need to change positions frequently.

Comment

Also, go to a physiotherapist and ask for lower back massages with magnetic stimulation, it will help you GREATLY.

How do I know? I suffer from lower back pain due to herniated disc

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I’m required to stand at work. Even with breaks, I’m still standing way too much at work to the point that it’s unhealthy.

From Monday - Thursday, I stand 6.5 hours at work. Friday, it’s 7.5 hours, and Saturday, it’s 3.25. According to what I’ve read, anything more than 5 hours on your feet will cause significant muscle fatigue.

I went to the gym at the beginning of the month and injured my back due to back form.

At first, I blamed myself. After reassessing everything and my current situation, I blame my job.

Standing for extended periods of time puts incredible strain on your lower back and lower extremities. This is backed by science.

It’s been a month and it hasn’t gotten much better. I need help.
                  Start planking, man.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Start planking, man.
                    Sometimes I walk around back where there’s no cameras and I can’t be seen and I’ll sit on the ground for a few minutes at a time. If something bad happens while I’m doing this, I’ll get fired on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                    X