Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/20...bc-boxing-news

is a long ass article, give it a look

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

Thanks for the article D.R. all I can say is WOW. Although I will admit I didnt get all the legal mumbo jumbo in the article, I did pick up on a few key things in there:

"From the very beginning, PBC’s business model was reportedly to spend money on risky deals in the hopes of earning future high returns."

&
    "Fund trustees were allegedly prepared to “lose it all” according to the Amended Petition, and it’s looking more and more like that might be a very real possibility."

Personally IDK how PBC couldve lost all that money when they have a business model in the UFC to thrive off of. There has to be some kind of upside to this, IDK how a man of Al Haymons intellect could just let this all sink down the drain...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Thanks for the article D.R. all I can say is WOW. Although I will admit I didnt get all the legal mumbo jumbo in the article, I did pick up on a few key things in there:

"From the very beginning, PBC’s business model was reportedly to spend money on risky deals in the hopes of earning future high returns."

&
      "Fund trustees were allegedly prepared to “lose it all” according to the Amended Petition, and it’s looking more and more like that might be a very real possibility."

Personally IDK how PBC couldve lost all that money when they have a business model in the UFC to thrive off of. There has to be some kind of upside to this, IDK how a man of Al Haymons intellect could just let this all sink down the drain...
      al haymon is a real dumbo. peopel think he is this mad genius because he is all mysterious and never shows his face. in actuality he is a real dumbo who only knows how to spend other people's money. this is big reason why successful billionaire rapper jay-z and his equally successful and beautiful wife beyonce kicked this dumbo to the curve. al haymon is cancerous. he is all hype.

i said it from the beginning that PBC is a fail but i was called a psycho, racist, sexist pig. just for speaking the truth!!! hahahahahahahahahahahaha. well looks like i'm right!

Comment

investors, not haymon himself.

haymon is a manager / advisor to these fighters, and makes a percent. he's techincally not a promotor. he's basically a broker. i have plenty of reason to think that he can profit while his investors take an L.

he's boxing's most powerful man, and if the sport is going downhill [the fighters are making money, but no objective observer can wtach the trends in boxing and think it's good for the sanctity of the sport] you need to consider his influence.

Comment

Anyone else get the feeling we are in the 15th round of this Cold war now. Both sides seem spent.

Surely something has to give soon.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            investors, not haymon himself.

haymon is a manager / advisor to these fighters, and makes a percent. he's techincally not a promotor. he's basically a broker. i have plenty of reason to think that he can profit while his investors take an L.

he's boxing's most powerful man, and if the sport is going downhill [the fighters are making money, but no objective observer can wtach the trends in boxing and think it's good for the sanctity of the sport] you need to consider his influence.
            How is that?

Comment

Most fans don't care about these figures. They're still hoping there's some good ending lurking somewhere out of this. They're still hoping top fighters will eventually fight each other.

Comment

Well it ain't his money so I doubt he even cares lol.

Sucks for boxing doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

A lot to consider here.

It is a normative process for a very large restaurant, with a name brand chef, to lose money the first years. Usually the restaurant can be expected to break even after about 5 years...I know this from experience. Then you have leases which go up, and it makes one wonder why anyone would invest in a restaurant like this. But the flip side is usually in the franchising, the possibility of buying your lease as a valuable subleaser (if the restaurant fails), or even buying the property and leasing it out. This is why when a mall store goes under, often the leases owned are the most valuable commodity being sold.

I bring this up because the fight game is notorious for trapping all kinds who seem to think they can make it work. Haymon's idea was to create an audience, but he had to work with the networks...If one looks at Don King in his Heyday, or Arum, these guys didn't have to rely on the networks so much. Anybody remember what happened to lovable Pudding pusher Bill Cosby when he made it known he wanted to buy NBC? Duddenly lovable Bill became that N8gger who didn't know his place...his son was murdered and we see how things are now for Bill...

I don't know what Haymon thought but you can't burn through that kind of cash that fast and make it work. Again, there is a reason why only the top eaters on the food chain enter the business side of the square circle. As much as I despise King I have to give him credit, he knew what he was up against...when he was in Cleveland running numbers and when he was promoting fights. Haymon may have been caught "lacking" as they say in Chicago. Hes a smart guy and I wouldn't want to second guess him.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                    Most fans don't care about these figures. They're still hoping there's some good ending lurking somewhere out of this. They're still hoping top fighters will eventually fight each other.
                    Yes this is true, I hope there is something we all dont know going on, I just hope its not to late. From the article that came out the other day about PBC trying to start up in Europe, it doesnt seem to me like the "powers that be" are to concerned with these figures so neither should fans really BUT when articles about PBC are more intriguing than future fights, what can you do and who do you blame?

Comment

Working...
                    X