No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I read that story you posted and it said two other similar lawsuits have been thrown out. It also said PBC is less than 1%. Why are they specifically targeting PBC if the rest of investments are losing more money? And why does the amount invested keep going up? Last year it was said half a billion was invested now they seem to say one billion was invested
    PBC makes up 1% of the fund, and hence it was thrown out because it is insignificant to the fund.

The lawsuits are specifically because even though it was 1% of the fund... the fund manager Should of not make those in the first place... and did not disclose his affiliation with Hayman.

Their stock is down for other reasons though... in any case... it's not about the fund per say... but rather than PBC has been a really ****ty investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      If $925m has been committed and $430m spent, what has happened to the rest of the money? Are the funds frozen? or is Haymon waiting for the lawsuits to be dismissed to regain access to those funds?
      In all likelyhood all 900 million was spent.

The $430 million loss is what W&R values their investment loss was.

We really don't know how much PBC has lost or not because they are not a public company and do not disclose their financials.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        HBO's crony trolls flooding forums with misleading propaganda. Any one of you could have "expected" earnings, and if it's not where it should be, one could say "he or I lost..." NSB trolls assume "losing money" from whatever misleading context that may be, is synonymous to bankruptcy?

HBO sucks more. Downsizing budgets could be, "losing" money.
        Along with your ignorance in boxing, you seem to be financially illiterate as well. How surprising.

Comment

I don't really care about Haymon or W&R, but the whole venture has had a hugely disruptive effect on the sport generally. Haymon engineered and put into motion a very damaging split in the sport that has killed and ruled out countless fights. Not to mention the extent to which the market has been distorted by inflated purses in the attempt to drive everyone else out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I don't really care about Haymon or W&R, but the whole venture has had a hugely disruptive effect on the sport generally. Haymon engineered and put into motion a very damaging split in the sport that has killed and ruled out countless fights. Not to mention the extent to which the market has been distorted by inflated purses in the attempt to drive everyone else out of business.
            That would be Bob Arum and Top Rank.

Al paying his fighters well seems to be an issue with many of you so-called fans...if only boxing could get rid of Al and go back to shafting the fighters.

Bob has had is offices raided by the FBI
            Bob has been fined for making illegal payments
            Bob has been investigated for buying rankings.

Comment

not a surprise, people dont want to see his garbage match ups

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                That would be Bob Arum and Top Rank.

Al paying his fighters well seems to be an issue with many of you so-called fans...if only boxing could get rid of Al and go back to shafting the fighters.

Bob has had is offices raided by the FBI
                Bob has been fined for making illegal payments
                Bob has been investigated for buying rankings.
                You can pay them well, but it does not mean it is profitable or sustainable.

Eventually the money will run out , and others will have to b conned into giving al money for his lifestyle.

Overpaying now is only hurting th sport long term by setting up unrealistic expectations

Comment

Boxing is in the dumps nobody is watching these boring mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
                    You can pay them well, but it does not mean it is profitable or sustainable.

Eventually the money will run out , and others will have to b conned into giving al money for his lifestyle.

Overpaying now is only hurting th sport long term by setting up unrealistic expectations
                    pure irrational hatred.

save some of that for uncle rob..I mean bob...he's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      Boxing is in the dumps nobody is watching these boring mismatches.
                      I assume you are against GGG vs Brook since you have such an aversion for mismatches.

Comment

Working...
                      X