Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Grandpa shane the biggest challenge atWelter Floyd has fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    So are you saying Floyd doesnt have a good resume?
    I am not saying that.. I think he has a good resume... I just think it should and could be better.

Comment

Cotto was Number 8. Youre right about that. I dont remeber Hatton being ten after almost getting stopped by Lazcano or beating a one handed Paulie.

Maybe he was.

I didnt like the Cotto fight at 145. Hated it because he had just fought Oscar at 147. So I gave him crap for that and still will. That was a cheap move. Then you had Arum forcing Cotto to resign with him or he wouldnt get a Pac fight. Man I hated that drama.

Nonetheless I'll concede Cotto was a good win.

But Morales. Naw. You saw that fight. He was past and weight drained on purpose by Pac. Heck he was past it when he beat Pac in the first fight.

Cotto was his last legit scrap. Since then he has been cherry picking like crazy.

Clottey
      Margarito
      Mosley
      Possibly JMM
      Yeah, Hatton was #10 although he looked like he was on the decline. Still a legit fight for Manny in my eyes.

As for the Cotto win, the catchweight was dumb. But still, catchweight or not it was a legit threat and a legit win, to me. I still struggle to understand why the catchweight was implemented as I don't believe it would have made a shread of difference, but yeah, who knows. Factors aside, still a legit good win.

As for Morales 2, Morales msot definitely was on the decline. The Raheem fight showed that. But I don't blame Manny for wanted to avenge his loss. He doesn't get much credit from me for the 2nd fight, but he does get some. The third fight on the other hand was a disgrace and I refused to watch it live.

I agree. Manny has had a great career and has an excellent resume. And IMO is a Top 60 ATG. But his 2010 and 2011 so far have been terrible and quite frankly disgraceful. His 2009 was excellent IMO aswell so it's a shame really.

Comment

the Same Mosley.. that cotto beat..

and the same Mosley that beat a broken Margocheato... who just got caught cheating..

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
          I am not saying that.. I think he has a good resume... I just think it should and could be better.
          It could be better.

I would love for it to have:

Pac
          Margarito
          Cotto
          Casamayor
          Stevie Johnston
          Kostya
          Prime Oscar
          Prime Mosley
          Freitas

But we can say that for any fighter active today.

I wish Pacs resume had:

Too Sharp
          Tim Austin
          Mayweather
          Berto
          Martinez
          Ortiz
          Williams
          Bradley
          Alexander
          Khan

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Yeah, Hatton was #10 although he looked like he was on the decline. Still a legit fight for Manny in my eyes.

As for the Cotto win, the catchweight was dumb. But still, catchweight or not it was a legit threat and a legit win, to me. I still struggle to understand why the catchweight was implemented as I don't believe it would have made a shread of difference, but yeah, who knows. Factors aside, still a legit good win.

As for Morales 2, Morales msot definitely was on the decline. The Raheem fight showed that. But I don't blame Manny for wanted to avenge his loss. He doesn't get much credit from me for the 2nd fight, but he does get some. The third fight on the other hand was a disgrace and I refused to watch it live.

I agree. Manny has had a great career and has an excellent resume. And IMO is a Top 60 ATG. But his 2010 and 2011 so far have been terrible and quite frankly disgraceful. His 2009 was excellent IMO aswell so it's a shame really.
            you must have a ready list of 50 other ATG fighters higher than him?

i wonder if you care to put them up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
              the Same Mosley.. that cotto beat..

and the same Mosley that beat a broken Margocheato... who just got caught cheating..
              hahahahahahaha

Now Marg was broken. Dude you are 38 years old and still a terrible poster.

Comment

hahahahahahaha

Now Marg was broken. Dude you are 38 years old and still a terrible poster.

You shouldnt be calling anyone a terrible poster.. We have polls up saying your one of the worst poster in NSB..

and didnt Marg get caught cheating.. how can you tell me he wasnt mentally fuked up? Marg lost the match before he even step into the ring with Shane..

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  you must have a ready list of 50 other ATG fighters higher than him?

i wonder if you care to put them up here.
                  I don't have a devised list of 50 ATG fighters but I know Pacqiauo would be somewhere between 50 and 60, IMO.

Trust me, that is a compliment. This sport is over 100 years old and has seen so many great great great fighters. The fact Manny Pacqiauo is amongst the Top 50 and 60 of them is an amazing feat because he is an amazing fighter.

I think you are taking this as an insult. It's not, It's quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                    yes, his career in the last 5-6years was what i was referring about.
                    Yet you nut hug Pac for fighting a lot of the same guys Floyd has fought AFTER Floyd beat them, you've got to love *******ed logic.

Comment

Not sure if he was confident at WW. It could've been his most lucrative weight class and would've cemented his legacy as the greatest fighter of his generation if he cleaned it out (which he could've, imo).

Comment

Working...
                      X