Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to see Jermain Taylor return at 175 or CW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    adamek started out 15lbs higher than jermain. they maybe have the same height and frame but jermain is naturally slimmer than adamek. keep in mind the weight hes put on already is weight lifting muscle, should he really put on another 15lbs of weight lifting muscle? thats just not smart. its not like hes doing bagwork and bulked up like that, hes lifting. bicep curls and ****..

adamek is bigger than jermian theres no doubt about that, and as for jermain making 160 thats cuz he hadnt grown into his frame yet. its just his genetics, like hearns making 147 in his early 20's but once he got into his late 20's he struggled to make 160. tito was the same way and so is jermain. i know cuz im built like that myself, im 6'3 141lbs 19 years old. if we say im still boxing at 28 ill probably be around 168.
    Damn man!! I'm 6'1 and hover at around 200. I'm lean and ripped at 185-190, I can't imagine being anywhere near 150, lol....

Originally posted by braddman View Post
    Another ****** thread by street bully. Go figure.
    Nobody asked you to click on it ****bag.

Comment

JT's one of my favorite fighters, but 3 KOs in a row... like devastating KOs... I feel more worried for him then I do even about Roy... I mean jesus..

At LHW, I just don't know... the guy was KOed by 2 MWs and a firm SMW... now LHW?

I just don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        JT's one of my favorite fighters, but 3 KOs in a row... like devastating KOs... I feel more worried for him then I do even about Roy... I mean jesus..

At LHW, I just don't know... the guy was KOed by 2 MWs and a firm SMW... now LHW?

I just don't know..
        The thing about the 3 ko losses for me is that he was competitve as hell in all 3 fights.

The AA fight was close imo, and I think he was ahead of Carl on the cards when he got stopped.

I just think he's gotten extremely unlucky in the last 2 fights.

I had him winning the Pavilk rematch too.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
          Damn man!! I'm 6'1 and hover at around 200. I'm lean and ripped at 185-190, I can't imagine being anywhere near 150, lol....
          well like i said i got those punisher genes lol.

141 is my fighting weight though, when im training im usually at around 145-148 and then i come down to 141. then again if i dont train at all i drop beneath 140..

most ppl think i fight at 165 by looking at me, i dont look as skinny as i sound.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
            The thing about the 3 ko losses for me is that he was competitve as hell in all 3 fights.

The AA fight was close imo, and I think he was ahead of Carl on the cards when he got stopped.

I just think he's gotten extremely unlucky in the last 2 fights.

I had him winning the Pavilk rematch too.
            It's not really about being competitive or close... it's about 3 devastating knockouts in succession... 3 lights out concussions.. and the last one, the worst of them all.

Not only does that kill your ability to take a punch, but any confidence you mustered up after your last two KOs, was completely killed by the last KO.

Not too mention long term effects by 3 devastating KOs.

Like I said it's not really how he performed in the fights, but the ending result.. 3 out of his last 4 fights ended in devastating fashion... it's scary as hell.

I root for Jermain everytime he gets in the ring... but it scares the **** out of me.

Comment

Yeah but the dude has gotten KTFO at 160 and twice at 168 all in devastating fashion. Probably not a good idea to jump up to LHW if he's getting sparked by guys at MW and SMW. Do you think he's still cutting enough weight getting to 168 to cause problems?

He did look really strong in the 360 episode though. He's a big dude.

Comment

I don't want to see Jermain return at that weight. I think he can make 168 comfortably, and as long as he stays in shape during his off time, and keeps his weight relatively lower than normal (As he did before the AA fight) he'll be able to comfortably come back at 168.

Comment

Working...
                X