Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson returns to training in Las Vegas; back working with Eddie Mustafa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus man he dumped Scully cause Ward kicked his ass?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      "Trash??"

What's that?

Some lame excuse for one of your favorite fighters or are you blind?

(embedding disabled by request)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K008_rXzXwU

I defy anyone to watch the first two rounds and agree with what you've said. Dawson clearly had the upper hand and was befuddling perhaps the best fighter in the world during the moments in that fight when both guys were still feeling each other out.
      Okay he didn't look that bad, I didn't rewatch the fight for obvious reasons. But the last time I saw it, Chad looked vulnerable, he was fighting in the pocket too often. The knocked down in the 3rd round didn't surprise me, because Chad was fighting vulnerable, he was allowing Ward to get inside and tie him up. And many times throughout the fight Chad was fighting Ward on the inside thus giving up his height and reach.

Chad should have fought tall, he should have fought fleet footed, and use more lateral movement like he showed against Adamek. The problem is Chad switches trainers too much, every trainer is different, they want Chad fighting a certain way. Whatever Dawson is trying to implement from each new trainer, it might not be effective. He needs to stick with one that way the trainer has a better understanding of how Dawson should effectively be boxing.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-08-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I think he went from Floyd Sr to Eddie Mustafa Muhammad to Emmanuel Steward to John Scully and now back to Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.

At some point he has to look in the mirror and take responsibility. They can ALL be faulty trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I think he went from Floyd Sr to Eddie Mustafa Muhammad to Emmanuel Steward to John Scully and now back to Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.

At some point he has to look in the mirror and take responsibility. They can ALL be faulty trainers.
          So I get punched in the face for a living and YOU tell me who i should have train me to absorb or defend it. It's not like he was whining like Amir. Yep, i see the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            Okay he didn't look that bad, I didn't rewatch the fight for obvious reasons. But the last time I saw it, Chad looked vulnerable, he was fighting in the pocket too often. The knocked down in the 3rd round didn't surprise me, because Chad was fighting vulnerable, he was allowing Ward to get inside and tie him up. And many times throughout the fight Chad was fighting Ward on the inside thus giving up his height and reach.

Chad should have fought tall, he should have fought fleet footed, and use more lateral movement like he showed against Adamek. The problem is Chad switches trainers too much, every trainer is different, they want Chad fighting a certain way. Whatever Dawson is trying to implement from each new trainer, it might not be effective. He needs to stick with one that way the trainer has a better understanding of how Dawson should effectively be boxing.

Dawson dropping to an unhealthy weight had an effect on him physically and mentally.Since When Ward is known as a puncher?He`s never been a puncher its just that Dawson was weight drained.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
              Chad looked so great under Floyd Sr. The strange thing was how he fired Sr, two weeks before a scheduled fight. I know Sr can be somewhat of an ahole, but he got the best out of Chad. Most of the time boxers don't go against what works. This is why it's so important for a boxer to stay with a trainer they feel comfortable and stick with them. Andre Ward wouldn't be the boxer he is today if he switched trainers 8 times.

Do does anyone know why Chad fired Floyd Sr in the first place?

It was a combination of things:Chad did`nt like the way Mayweather Senior would talk to him and later Senior told Chad not to bring his family to the gym which made Dawson angry and made Dawson finally decide to leave Senior.

Comment

I Like John but whatever happened with Chad in training was all wrong.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                X