Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will moving down in Weight class affect Punching Power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will moving down in Weight class affect Punching Power?

I know, I know, there are probably hundreds of threads asking this question...

but I was wondering how will punching power be affected if you move down in weight class? I am a female who currently weights 123 pounds and 5'4 in height. I am generally healthy with some lean muscle, but definitely have some "softness" aka fat and water weight to lose.

Would my punching power be significantly affected if I go down in weight to 115 or 112 after proper conditioning? Hypothetically losing fat/water weight but keeping/strengthening the muscle? I've been boxing for less than a year now.

I know how physics is that punching power comes from MASS * ACCELERATION... but I am known to be "heavy handed" for my size.
    Curious to hear your thoughts and your personal experiences!

Thank you.

Wait, women boxing exists?

Comment

a girl? here?? wtf man

Comment

lol very funny... Yes, I know that women's boxing is not popular, but I really enjoy it

Comment

Post pics of your body and we can probably give a better judgement by looking at your frame...

Comment

Originally posted by DespicableMi View Post
            I know, I know, there are probably hundreds of threads asking this question...

but I was wondering how will punching power be affected if you move down in weight class? I am a female who currently weights 123 pounds and 5'4 in height. I am generally healthy with some lean muscle, but definitely have some "softness" aka fat and water weight to lose.

Would my punching power be significantly affected if I go down in weight to 115 or 112 after proper conditioning? Hypothetically losing fat/water weight but keeping/strengthening the muscle? I've been boxing for less than a year now.

I know how physics is that punching power comes from MASS * ACCELERATION... but I am known to be "heavy handed" for my size.
            Curious to hear your thoughts and your personal experiences!

Thank you.

you might get a better answer if you post in the training and nutrition section

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Post pics of your body and we can probably give a better judgement by looking at your frame...
              as perverted as this sounds, its actually correct

Comment

You have a trainer right?? that is who you need to be talking to

Comment

Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
                  as perverted as this sounds, its actually correct
                  It is, i wasn't actually being a pervert

Comment

You lose power.

Comment

Working...
                    X