Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume, Sugar Ray Leonard or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
    Thomas Hearns
    Wilfred Benitez
    Roberto Duran
    Marvin Hagler

vs.

Corrales, Castillo, DLH, Marquez, Hatton, Canelo, Mosley, Maidana, Cotto & Pacquiao.

.. ima go with Floyd. of course I'm a bit biased since I grew up watching him.

if there are other great wins on Leonard's resume besides the four I mentioned, please let me know.
    Watch SRL take Sr apart was a good fight

Comment

Leonard and it's not close.

Comment

The best fighters SRL fought are way superior to those that Floyd fought. If that's your measure for resume then this is not a comparison. But if resume includes record, performance, longevity then Floyd clearly wins

Comment

Quality vs. Quantity.

SRL is all quality. Floyd is moreso quantity.

I'd be inclined to say Floyd, but if they ever fought, SRL would work him.

Comment

Srl all day long and twice on Sunday

Comment

This is Ray Leonard's record from November '79 to September '81:

November 79 - Wilfred Benitez
              March 80 - Dave Green
              June 80 - Roberto Duran
              November 80 - Roberto Duran
              March 81 - Larry Bonds
              June 81 - Ayub Kalule
              September 81 - Thomas Hearns

7 fights in 22 months. 4 with prime hall of fame opposition. It's not even close.

Comment

sugar ray comfortably. not a knock against floyd, srl has probably top 5 resumes of all time

Comment

Leonard lost against Hagler.

Comment

Thought this would be one of those depressing threads where you realize most of the people here are clueless.
                    Not the case. Pretty much everyone knows that it's Leonard all day. Floyd fought most of the best guys in his class, in his era. He didn't really do anything wrong. He's just not beating SRL on resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                      Quality vs. Quantity.

SRL is all quality. Floyd is moreso quantity.

I'd be inclined to say Floyd, but if they ever fought, SRL would work him.
                      Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Thought this would be one of those depressing threads where you realize most of the people here are clueless.
                      Not the case. Pretty much everyone knows that it's Leonard all day. Floyd fought most of the best guys in his class, in his era. He didn't really do anything wrong. He's just not beating SRL on resume.
                      I agree with BM its quality vs quantity and i will allways go with quality,another story is fact that most guys like Hatton and JMM ,Pacman was smaller then Floyd,its not the case with best Ray wins beside Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X