Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robinson or Ali, who's really the greatest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOLDKING View Post
    My original post was about Duran being the best fighter to ever step in a boxing ring not just the best LW. So that is why I mentioned Durans best win over leonard at WW you stupid, ugly gremlin.
    Uh oh, seems someone's feelings got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Your argument is there is not enough footage of Leonard to support him ranking higher at lightweight. I'll go with the opinion of the guy who actually trained both. As far as the Ali Dempsey comparison, you would have to let me see the article and which version of both he is talking about.
      duck the question....hahaha.

Comment

duck the question....hahaha.
        Sure son. And you have no response to what I wrote except this and some child like name calling. I'll take my own research and the opinion of a man who saw both over your ridiculous theory that Leonard can't rank higher because there isn't enough footage. It's funny the International boxing research association ranks Leonard and Duran 8th and 7th respectively p4p, yet you think there is no arguments for Leonard rating that high because you haven't seen him. So people who are actually in the know are wrong, but you're right? Lmao!!!

Comment

I saw both of them fight many times and, IMO, SRR is the GOAT.

SRR won 131 out of his first 132 fights losing only to LaMotta outside his WW class; no other fighter approaches such dominance ==> SRR is the man.

Comment

Sure son. And you have no response to what I wrote except this and some child like name calling. I'll take my own research and the opinion of a man who saw both over your ridiculous theory that Leonard can't rank higher because there isn't enough footage. It's funny the International boxing research association ranks Leonard and Duran 8th and 7th respectively p4p, yet you think there is no arguments for Leonard rating that high because you haven't seen him. So people who are actually in the know are wrong, but you're right? Lmao!!!
            So your just parroting somebody else's opinions and claiming them as your own?

Comment

You can throw Joe Gans in the mix as well when talking greatest lightweight.
              How about Barney Ross?

Comment

So your just parroting somebody else's opinions and claiming them as your own?
                As I've already stated, I've done the research. It seems you're the one spouting off because you don't have enough footage to form an objective opinion based on opponents fought and their historical rankings based on who they fought. My opinions and research just happen to concur with others who have actually studied the sport.
                Last edited by JAB5239; 11-22-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  How about Barney Ross?
                  I'm of the opinion Ross did his best work at welterweight. And while I see him as a great lightweight, I wouldn't rank him with Leonard, Gans and Duran at that weight.

Ross is actually one of my favorite fighters. His life story is amazing. If you want to read a great book about him, find the one written by Douglas Century. Absolutely one of my favorite boxing books if not my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
                    Neither they are both bums.
                    Marciano kills both at the same time.....

No they don't. That Is just yank propaganda

They both lacked heart. (they both quit in fights because they didn't have the guts to continue)

Both have robbery wins.

Both have multiple losses.
                    (Robinson has losses like a journeyman)

Ali got knocked out by a eurobum. (Cooper)

Robinson was a duck.

Both were involved in fixed fights (probably)
                    I'm glad you're banned, i don't even need to go off on your punk ass

Comment

• Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
                      I'm glad you're banned, i don't even need to go off on your punk ass
                      I'm pretty sure GOLDKING is his alt.

Comment

Working...
                      X