No announcement yet.

Right handed, left leg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    You can still use that stance. You'd have to focus your attacks more to accommodate your lead hand being your stronger hand though so stronger hooks, jabs and upper cuts.
    Not feeling comfortable with it. Tried but is not the same. Just need to focus on my right leg as i said, and make it like my main leg. I dont have another options, because with my right hand back i can go for the KO, having it forward and the left back gonna be difficult to have some good power punches and KO punches. Thats why i cant change my stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Malvein View Post
      Not feeling comfortable with it. Tried but is not the same. Just need to focus on my right leg as i said, and make it like my main leg. I dont have another options, because with my right hand back i can go for the KO, having it forward and the left back gonna be difficult to have some good power punches and KO punches. Thats why i cant change my stance.
      Ah, okay. I am usually in the southpaw stance because I'm more comfortable with my strong hand (right hand) up front and my right foot at the front as it allows me to move better. Though my strongest punch is technically a right hand in the orthodox punch (the stance allows me to generate more power but I don't move as freely).

Comment

Malvein

Are you left handed or right handed (which one do you write with)?

Comment

It doesn't matter. I'm the same way. Once you get your basic push- pull coordination you'll find pushing with the left foot (left hook, moving back quickly, etc) will be stronger and faster but your right leg will get there soon. It's easier to start out with a strong left leg, IMO because the more difficult techniques are those that require youto push off the left foot.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            He said English is not his native language.

What is your usual excuse?
            I literally laughed out loud.

Also, I love when the boxingscene typing tough guys give fighting advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              Malvein

Are you left handed or right handed (which one do you write with)?
              Right handed

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
                When I first started boxing, Im right handed so I naturally wanted to lead with my right... I wanted to jab and hook with my right... After being corrected and years of practice... I can jab ten times harder with my left than my good hand, and my left hook is much more snappier than my right.

It just takes time and patience, but do it the right way.
                Then i will be practicing more and more, til i get comfortable with my right leg, i think its the only way.

Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  It doesn't matter. I'm the same way. Once you get your basic push- pull coordination you'll find pushing with the left foot (left hook, moving back quickly, etc) will be stronger and faster but your right leg will get there soon. It's easier to start out with a strong left leg, IMO because the more difficult techniques are those that require youto push off the left foot.
                  True, end of the day its all hard work and dedication, i was just struggling with the right leg. But i think i need to practice with it more and then i can get used to it.

Thank you for the response sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X