No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Ready To Make Deal: Stevenson Must Fight Gvozdyk Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
    No Badu deserves a rematch because he gave Chickenson a hell of a fight. A rematch would put a nail in Chickensons coffin.
    Then use "The Nail" himself, Gvozdyk...

Comment

GYM better come up with some money! Either they pay Gvozdyk some serious money (which he does not deserve) to come to Canada, or they drop the title! I know Stevenson will not go to the Ukraine!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        GYM better come up with some money! Either they pay Gvozdyk some serious money (which he does not deserve) to come to Canada, or they drop the title! I know Stevenson will not go to the Ukraine!
        Stevenson should retire then. Badraw Jack will go to Ukraine, I guess (for his shot for the title).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Stevenson is a PPVs fighter in Canada, apparently earning something like $3m+ per fight.

How much money do you earnestly believe that Top Rank is willing to spend to have Gvozdyk fight in the Ukraine?

Promoters seem to have some knowledge as to what the ESPN money for a matinee fight is worth, add $1m for the assumed worth of fighting in Ukraine (I doubt that that's the actual number, even if you don't everything), and GYM can put $250k on top of that to be sure of getting the fight.

Just like Arum just did with Jose Ramirez, Stevenson is likely to stall them out, let the WBC call for free negotiations, let the WBC call for the purse bid, and dare Bob Arum to put up north of $2m for a fight that he's guaranteed to lose money on, in a fight where his fighter could still end up being put to sleep on one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
            No Badu deserves a rematach because he gave Chickenson a hell of a fight. A rematch would put a nail in Chickensons coffin.
            in the 5th and 6th adonis kickd his but and was going to keep kicking it...badou threw fight changing low blows to turn the tide on a 40 year old...i've praised by badou and adonis tons prior to this fight...but that isnt wat being ag reat fighter is about...BADOU PUNKED OUT!! HE DONT DESERVER A REMATCH OR ANY OTHER TCHAMP...these 175lb champs are not dirty fighters and they dont deserve dirty opponents...NEITHER DO THE FANS.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Arum knows Stevenson is about to lose
              Im not so sure about it..if u have to see a fighter get hit low in order for the other guy to be in the fight...u might wanna ask yourself why the other fighter felt he needed low blows..

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                Adonis shouldve lost points for his repeated holding. He didnt deserve a draw. See how easy that is
                adonis has a career of fights with excessive holding?
                no

wat u thinking caused the holding? BEING DRAINED WITH LOW BLOW!

WOULD U RATHER BE HIT LOW FOR ABOUT 3 ROUNDS...or be held??

im sure u're not that dumb...DIRTY FOULS CHANGE FIGHTS...and jack should have dq'd for his behavior...im sick and tired of dirty fighters..i would give htem no leeway.

fans pay hard earned money to see the best man win...fighters train 8 weaks to win like a man...and then some lil puss comes along an ruins and event...

adonis has been a clean fighting champ for 5 years...he's vada 247 365 as well....WHY TF DOES A VOLUNTARY GET TO COME IN AND LOW BLOW HIM JUST SO HE CAN HELP TIRE HIM OUT??

THAT IS FUGGED UP TAHT YOU CLOWNS THINK LIKE THIS

Comment

But yet this guy wanted no part of Prograis next for Ramirez and was gonna everything he could to delay that fight. Same situation as this only difference is Arum's fighter is the challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Stevenson is a PPVs fighter in Canada, apparently earning something like $3m+ per fight.

How much money do you earnestly believe that Top Rank is willing to spend to have Gvozdyk fight in the Ukraine?

Promoters seem to have some knowledge as to what the ESPN money for a matinee fight is worth, add $1m for the assumed worth of fighting in Ukraine (I doubt that that's the actual number, even if you don't everything), and GYM can put $250k on top of that to be sure of getting the fight.

Just like Arum just did with Jose Ramirez, Stevenson is likely to stall them out, let the WBC call for free negotiations, let the WBC call for the purse bid, and dare Bob Arum to put up north of $2m for a fight that he's guaranteed to lose money on, in a fight where his fighter could still end up being put to sleep on one shot.
                    u see it too huh??

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                      Im not so sure about it..if u have to see a fighter get hit low in order for the other guy to be in the fight...u might wanna ask yourself why the other fighter felt he needed low blows..
                      Didn’t watch the fight but you were okay with Ward hitting Kovalev 50 times in the nuts though

Comment

Working...
                      X