Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What big fights did Winky Wright price himself out of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What big fights did Winky Wright price himself out of?

Throughout the years i've heard that Winky priced himself out of potentially big fights. I feel like he got pretty big fights against mosley x2, trinidad, vargas, hopkins, taylor, etc but i was just curious to know what other fighters he could have fought, and what his demands were that caused these fights to not happen.

I do know he basically retired himself because he priced himself out of a lot of fights at the end of his career...but i do know the Pavlik fight didnt happen because he priced himself out

Comment

Only the Taylor rematch, really. No other fights involving him fell apart due to his financial demands. He really never had any "demands" to begin with until after the Trinidad fight. It was always other fighters avoiding Winky until Mosley stepped up, then Tito. Winky is the one guy De La Hoya wouldn't fight, it seems. For good reason.

Personally I thought he beat Taylor and was robbed of a HOF-cementing middleweight title reign.

Comment

He had a reputation of being difficult to negotiate with, from his point of view I remember he had to travel a lot to earn his reputation hence why he doesn't like to give in when he became a known/semi marquee name.

Comment

Mayweather play around fighting him too, but they couldn't agree on the rehydration fight night weight.

Comment

winky should have been paying people to watch him, not the other way round

Comment

Working...
            X