Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Francisco Rodriguez Jr. Stops Elias Joaquino in Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Francisco Rodriguez Jr. Stops Elias Joaquino in Seven Rounds

Flyweight contender Francisco Rodriguez Jr. stopped Elias Joaquino in the seventh round of a crossroads bout Saturday night. The 10 round bout took place at the Arena Oasis in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Televisa (in Mexico) aired the fight. After suffering back-to-back losses to Donnie Nietes and Moises Fuentes in 2015, Rodriguez (24-4-1, with 16 KOs) has gained momentum in recent fights. The former world minimumweight titleholder has now won his last six bouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I saw nothing interesting in this entire show even the Gamboa fight ...which seen lackluster from what I have read...I was watching preseason football...

Comment

Elias Joaquino endured a savage beating from the beginning of the first round to the very end. Credit to the Filipino for showing heart by getting up after getting hurt to the body in the third, that same punch ended it in the seventh ; great example on how to break an opponent down. Francisco was very pleased with his performance and after the fight he mentioned aspirations in winning another world title @ Flyweight.

I was thinking if he could be gunning for newly crowned Japanese champion Diago Higa for the WBC world title but Lee Selby's little bro Andrew Selby won his eliminator to challenge for it...interesting if they win the purse bid and bring Diago to the UK but I digress. Then I remembered Muhammad Waseem was also set for a eliminator for Diagos title? who knows whats going on there...anyways I thought it be the WBC that Rodriquez jr. was refering to as hes rated higher there among the other sanctioning bodies that also have him on their rankings.

Would love to see him fight Brian Viloria for a chance to challenge the new Zoo Chain Killa Sho Kimura or even a rematch with Nietes is cool.

Comment

Working...
      X