No announcement yet.

plane crash with Brazilian football team on board, 76 deads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] plane crash with Brazilian football team on board, 76 deads

A plane carrying players from a Brazilian football team headed to Colombia for a regional tournament final, has crashed on its way to Medellin's airport, killing at least 76 people.

Police officials said that five passengers had survived, one died in hospital and that the rest of the passengers were killed in the crash.

The entire Chapocoense football team - and an accompanying entourage of staff - were among 72 passengers and nine crew on board the aircraft. Local reports said a large number of journalists were also on the plane.

Al Jazeera's Alessandro Rampietti, reporting from Bogota, said the flight crashed in a mountainous region.

"There have been heavy rains day in and day out in the last week or so," he said. "That could have played a big role in the crash, but that is still unconfirmed."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/1...055621421.html

they were on their way to play the final of the copa sudamericana. they just beat an argentinean team in the semi finals, this is terrible. only five survivors, of the entire team (20 people) only 2 survived.

I've been listening to this all morning in this Colombian radio station I listen to once in a while

there's a rumor that the plane didn't have enough gas to make it were it was going

it's a shame if that was the reason for the crash

very sad, the players were very young and talented

Comment

so sad RIP

Comment

RIP to all of the team, and plane staff... Sad ****.

Comment

Man that is ****ing terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
            I've been listening to this all morning in this Colombian radio station I listen to once in a while

there's a rumor that the plane didn't have enough gas to make it were it was going

it's a shame if that was the reason for the crash

very sad, the players were very young and talented
            i heard that too, but know they are saying that the pilot discharged the fuel so it didn't start a fire. nothing is certain right now.

Comment

Terrible listening to this.

Amazing they pulled out survivors.

Comment

I heard the other team they would play in the final said they should give the championship to the team that went down in the crash. I heard Messi and the Argentine team flew on this plane a few weeks ago.

Comment

This is not the first time when entire team, crashes in airplane.

condolonces to their famalies and RIP

Comment

We are Marshall-Brazil edition

Comment

Working...
                    X