Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the Middleweight landscape look like if Pirog didn't retire early.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the Middleweight landscape look like if Pirog didn't retire early.

If Pirog did not retire I wonder what the Middleweight division look like today. He got stripped of the WBO title because he chose to fight Golovkin but got injured during training and subsequently had to retire. Would he of beaten GGG? Or would he be the Marquez to GGGs Pacquiao? Would Pirog of been ducked by Cotto?? Would Golovkin still be relavent? What do you guys think?

Cotto never fought at 160 So he wouldnt fight pirog,GGG vs Pirog is hard to call,imo pirog is better but we will never know.

Comment

I think he may very well be champ. The guy had serious potential.

Comment

Dang. Injured while training for GGG?
        Same with Williams/Canelo.

Gotta take the more accomplished fighter in either scenario

Comment

Pirog was never as well schooled as GGG so I don't ever see him being the best at 160. Him v Lee would've been great. But any well schooled boxer of a high level, someone like bjs for example would probably be too much for him.

He really has been flattered by a single win.

Comment

GGG would have beaten him easily. Pirog dosen't have the iq ggg has. He was going 12 rds with fighters ggg easily koed in 3 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Pirog was never as well schooled as GGG so I don't ever see him being the best at 160. Him v Lee would've been great. But any well schooled boxer of a high level, someone like bjs for example would probably be too much for him.

He really has been flattered by a single win.
              Except for two fights (one of them being vs Jacobs), Pirog fought in his native Russia... Supposedly he was scheduled to fight Golovkin when he got a back injury and quit boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                Cotto never fought at 160 So he wouldnt fight pirog,GGG vs Pirog is hard to call,imo pirog is better but we will never know.
                Cotto held the WBC Middleweight title. But you are right I should have said Martinez instead of Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  GGG would have beaten him easily. Pirog dosen't have the iq ggg has. He was going 12 rds with fighters ggg easily koed in 3 rds.
                  Good point he fought Ishada to a decision while GGG got the KO.
                  I still wonder if middleweight would be a little more interesting if he was still in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    154.1-160 is MW.

he can come in weighing as he likes under 160 and so does Pirog, dont like the rules then dont fight above 154 !!! he had 3 fights in MW and he is a MW until the max limit of his fight is below 54.

learn your boxing.
                    Last edited by Omair; 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X