No announcement yet.

Did Shannon Briggs really beat George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Shannon Briggs really beat George Foreman

Did Shannon Briggs really beat George Foreman ?

George accepted the defeat but HBO (Jones,Merchant,Lederman,Lampley) all had Foreman winning the fight, the crowd also booed the decision to suggest Foreman won.

Not in my view. Foreman didn't really think he had lost but at that point there was no reason for him to complain about it. He had made millions and was nearing 50 years of age.

Comment

I thought it was a bad decision but I've certainly seen worse. I know Steve Farhood thought it was criminally bad and thought there should have been investigations.

Poet

Comment

I ain't seen that fight in yrs. But I remember feelin George got shaded.

Comment

Don't know how the heck Briggs got the decision. All he did was move backwards and eat jabs. Bad, bad scoring. Actually, maybe the worst I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            I know Steve Farhood thought it was criminally bad and thought there should have been investigations.

Poet
            I think their actually was.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Not in my view. Foreman didn't really think he had lost but at that point there was no reason for him to complain about it. He had made millions and was nearing 50 years of age.

Similar to floyd patterson who accepted the judged verdict in the Jimmy Ellis fight and actually apologised for messing up Jimmy Ellis's nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

George accepted the defeat but HBO (Jones,Merchant,Lederman,Lampley) all had Foreman winning the fight, the crowd also booed the decision to suggest Foreman won.
              Was Robbery... referee Larry Hazard Jr. played the part of robbing Big George and gifting the decision to Briggs.....i had it 10-1-1 Foreman

Comment

TBH i thought the fight was relatively close but i still didn't think Briggs won, but by the same token i can see why Briggs did win.

At that time a lot of people seem to be on the fence about whether or not he (Foreman) should of still been fighting, so maybe that was shove in the right direction from there point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post

It's in my top 10 of all time worst decisions!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X