No announcement yet.

New to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to boxing

iam 23 years old and have been training for about a month now.I want to become a professional but i've heard that most fighthers started training at a much earlier age.Do anybody believe that if i have the skills and dedication thats needed that regardless if i started late i can still go far with in boxing?

Originally posted by ben franklin View Post
    iam 23 years old and have been training for about a month now.I want to become a professional but i've heard that most fighthers started training at a much earlier age.Do anybody believe that if i have the skills and dedication thats needed that regardless if i started late i can still go far with in boxing?
    I'm relatively new to the sport myself. I'm working on my 3rd year. But i am a little older...26. I've been training and competing in martial arts my entire life, but boxing is a whole different world.

My advice, that's one mistake of a beginner. A lot of newbies who are green think that they can turn pro.

Yes, you can turn pro. But there's a lot of collateral. You don't want to be the professional that everyone beats up on.

Boxing is a durty durty business. It takes more than a fcuk load of dedication and skill.

Good luck. If you want to turn pro, i say do it. I've been training super fcukin hard, and turning pro is something that i'm taking in very small steps.

Comment

age is no factor, only your determination and heart.

Jess willard started boxing at the age of 32, by 36 he was heavyweight champion of the world.

George Forman Won the Heavyweight Title at the age of 45

Comment

Working...
      X