• Show
Clear All

• Lennon vs. McCartney

Who's songs do you like best?
    Lennon
    77.27%
    McCartney
    22.73%

McCartney was the over all better song writer.

John had alot of fans but it was more of his activism that moved people...not this music.

Comment

Lennon for me, though Paul often gets underrated.

Comment

i never was a fan of Paul TBH...

i'll go lennon all day every day

Comment

Prime Macca knocked songs like this out without even trying:

Comment

I'm going to listen to Beatles songs all day now.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
              McCartney was the over all better song writer.

John had alot of fans but it was more of his activism that moved people...not this music.
              i disagree.....Lennon was the better songwriter and singer IMO....McCartney was the better musician.......don't get me wrong, i love McCartney, if he were standing next to me i wouldn't hesitate to get on my knees and suck his ****, but i just think Lennon shades him in that department.....also Lennon's songs became much more personal and emotional eg mother, working class hero, God

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                Prime Macca knocked songs like this out without even trying:

genius, i've listened to this song about a million times.....did you know paul wrote it in reference to the civil rights protests in the states???

Comment

Originally posted by Abbey Road View Post
                  genius, i've listened to this song about a million times.....did you know paul wrote it in reference to the civil rights protests in the states???
                  Yeah, I heard a similar story that it revolved around the Civil Rights Movement.

Lennon and McCartney at their best ( Two separate songs combined to great effect ):

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                    Yeah, I heard a similar story that it revolved around the Civil Rights Movement.

Lennon and McCartney at their best ( Two separate songs combined to great effect ):

yeah they did that to a few of their songs.....a day in the life, cry baby cry etc

Comment

Working...
                    X