Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Drops, Decisions Terrell Gausha in a Snoozer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara is a very skilled fighter. I respect that and I love the sweet science. But for some reason I still find him very boring to watch. I feel bad saying that because he is very talented and I see what he brings as a boxer. At the end of the day I dont enjoy watching him unfortunately.

Comment

I think this was a snoozer because Gausha made it a snoozer. Lara DIDNT RUN. He even knocked Gausha down and he got right up. Lara was pounding him to the body and head. I heard the crowd chanting 2 things

1. "This is Boring!"
      2. "Lara! Lara!"

I'm sorry casuals only appreciate KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        No they don't need to put Lara with an action fighter, Lara needs to simply take more risks.
        When you're head and shoulders above the guy you're facing, you expect the guy to go into a shell. It is up to Lara there to push the action even if he takes a few more risks.

This is professional boxing not the amateurs. There is no tournament to win here. Lara is not fighting in a few days where the ultimate goal is to win a medal here, he doesn't have to fight so safe. In pro boxing you're only as good as your next fight, and his last fight stunk.
        no he doesn't, he is doing his job and wining comfortably. he was in the pocket all night. perro make him fight, and it was an exciting fight, williams make him fight and it was a very exciting fight too. It is up to the other fightewr to a least try to win. For real, who has look good against Lara?

Comment

Lara should retire

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            no he doesn't, he is doing his job and wining comfortably. he was in the pocket all night. perro make him fight, and it was an exciting fight, williams make him fight and it was a very exciting fight too. It is up to the other fightewr to a least try to win. For real, who has look good against Lara?
            No it's up to Lara. It is Lara who wants the big fights, the sold out stadiums and the fan admiration.
            If he doesnt care about it, then he shouldn't complain when big fighters don't want to come near him because fans are walking out on his fights and yelling "this is boring" during his fights.

Lara can't control what other fighters do, he can control what he does in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
              I think this was a snoozer because Gausha made it a snoozer. Lara DIDNT RUN. He even knocked Gausha down and he got right up. Lara was pounding him to the body and head. I heard the crowd chanting 2 things

1. "This is Boring!"
              2. "Lara! Lara!"

I'm sorry casuals only appreciate KOs.
              This is false. Fight fans appreciate more than just KO's.
              What you fail to realize is fans don't like it when fighters fight to the level of their competition. If it's clear as day you're head and shoulders above the guy you're fighting, go for the KO. Push the action, don't play it so safe.
              As I stated in a previous post, this isn't an amateur competition, Lara isn't gonna fight in a few days, so there is no need to be so cautious. He can afford to take a few risks. If not he can get used to fans walking out.

Comment

"This is boring".

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  This is false. Fight fans appreciate more than just KO's.
                  What you fail to realize is fans don't like it when fighters fight to the level of their competition. If it's clear as day you're head and shoulders above the guy you're fighting, go for the KO. Push the action, don't play it so safe.
                  As I stated in a previous post, this isn't an amateur competition, Lara isn't gonna fight in a few days, so there is no need to be so cautious. He can afford to take a few risks. If not he can get used to fans walking out.
                  i agree. I will say that it was a bad style matchup, to start. two guys looking to counter each other = a probable snooze fest.

in any case, when Lara has been made to fight, he fights. More than most boxers, he needs the right guy in front of him.

Comment

That fight wasnt that bad so Y'all hating on the Cuban because he speaks the truth.

Charlo looked good against a way over-matched Lubin but Lara was much more dominant against Trout than was Jermell's brother Jermall

Comment

Lara cannot expect good fights when he does nothing to push the fight, he clearly outclassed gausha, he could have pushed after 2-3 rounds when he saw that guasha had nothing, throw more than 1-2 punches at a time, probably get a couple of knock downs or win by stoppage, but he did nothing, he won rounds by probably 3-4 punches more than guasha, he doesn't deserve any good fights, he doesn't deserve to be a headliner, he doesn't deserve to be on tv ever again, and this is from a cuban boxing fan who would have liked to see him succeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X