No announcement yet.

Question For RPG Enthusiasts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I've beat No-Mans Wharf and the Flexile Sentry.

Used all 30 life gems and 4 Estus I had. Found out that Clubs while hitting like a fucking truck have shit durability and a +0 Heide Knight Sword is a bad back up weapon.

This game knows I suck, and it tells me every chance it gets to do so.

I love it.
    No Man's Wharf is f**king painful. Then you get to the Flexile Sentry, have your ass kicked, then have to start at the bonfire again.

Feels so damn sweet when you beat it though.

When I started I had literally zero clue about the game. I must have died fifty times in the Forest of Giants, broke my only weapon, and had gone so hollow I only had 50% health.

I don't know why it is so addictive. Perhaps my favourite game of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      No Man's Wharf is f**king painful. Then you get to the Flexile Sentry, have your ass kicked, then have to start at the bonfire again.

Feels so damn sweet when you beat it though.

When I started I had literally zero clue about the game. I must have died fifty times in the Forest of Giants, broke my only weapon, and had gone so hollow I only had 50% health.

I don't know why it is so addictive. Perhaps my favourite game of all time.
      The Pursuer kicked my sorry ass so many times, I lost count.

You have to play the game. Really learn the areas and your enemies. The game doesn't hold your hand at all. After the struggles with FOFG, I breezed through Heide's Tower of Flame and thought I had it all figured out going into No-Man's.

I'm starting to make this game my bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        The Pursuer kicked my sorry ass so many times, I lost count.

You have to play the game. Really learn the areas and your enemies. The game doesn't hold your hand at all. After the struggles with FOFG, I breezed through Heide's Tower of Flame and thought I had it all figured out going into No-Man's.

I'm starting to make this game my bitch...

You're doing well to move onto Heide's and find it easy. I found it to be really hard - the step up from the small hollowed enemies in FOFG to the giant knights was full on.
        Plus I totally missed the bonfire next to the first giant knight. So every time they kicked my ass I had to run back all the way from Majula.

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          You're doing well to move onto Heide's and find it easy. I found it to be really hard - the step up from the small hollowed enemies in FOFG to the giant knights was full on.
          Plus I totally missed the bonfire next to the first giant knight. So every time they kicked my ass I had to run back all the way from Majula.

Good times.
          Oh I did that as well.

The Heide Knights were pretty easy. Power stance L2 with clubs = automatic win. I got lucky with the Dragon Rider. He lunged, I rolled, and he ended up falling off the platform. Dragonslayer was tough, but I learned to stun lock him somewhat, and get him on my first go.

With this character.

I've tried sorcerers, clerics, bandits.

Yup.

I suck with all of them.

Comment

this is misleading thread, i thought this was about bazooka

Comment

I play a lot of skyrim and fallout. I love sneaking around with silenced weapons or daggers. Hate ****ing magic

Comment

I haven't been able to get into the Souls Series.

I suck at reacting to tells, and I don't use a gamepad, so I click my mouse so often I ruin combos.

That said, I also prefer narrative/story driven games. I love Lore that enhances the game/story, and gives you additional info. In DS, the Lore IS the story.

D&D CRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Dragon Age Origins, Neverwinter Nights 2 (My personal fav), these games make me moist.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  I play a lot of skyrim and fallout. I love sneaking around with silenced weapons or daggers. Hate ****ing magic
                  I've only put around 80 hours into Skyrim, and haven't enjoyed it much.

I put around 2000 hours into Oblivion, over nigh on 3 separate playthroughs.

Morrowind remains my favourite Elder Scrolls game.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
                    I haven't been able to get into the Souls Series.

I suck at reacting to tells, and I don't use a gamepad, so I click my mouse so often I ruin combos.

That said, I also prefer narrative/story driven games. I love Lore that enhances the game/story, and gives you additional info. In DS, the Lore IS the story.

D&D CRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Dragon Age Origins, Neverwinter Nights 2 (My personal fav), these games make me moist.
                    You and me both, man, you got a list of my all time favourites right there. Got me an Xbox one for my lil boy, but the time I waste is all on the golden oldies on PC - and that's a lot of hours cos I don't sleep worth a damn these last coupla years.

I've been trying out some of the newer isometrics, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and the like and just torrented the new Torment, but they ain't quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      You and me both, man, you got a list of my all time favourites right there. Got me an Xbox one for my lil boy, but the time I waste is all on the golden oldies on PC - and that's a lot of hours cos I don't sleep worth a damn these last coupla years.

I've been trying out some of the newer isometrics, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny and the like and just torrented the new Torment, but they ain't quite the same.
                      Lol, if you grow up with those titles, it's hard to like the new ****. I can practically quote every single line from NWN 2, because I've had so many playthroughs. Mask of The Betrayer has to have one of the most hectic, mature RPG stories around. Not mature because you get to **** milk maids in villages like in the Witcher (lol), but because it's so HECTIC. I went full evil the first time round, and it was awesome.

Pillars hasn't quite done anything for me. I was super excited when it was announced, because I love Obsidian, but the more I read and watched, the less enthusiastic I was. I've recently dusted off the oldies like KotOR and KotOR 2, Morrowind, etc.

Sword Coast Legends seems like a promising title. How's the new Torment by the way? As a stand alone title, and as an installment to the Series.

Have you tried Divinity: Original Sin? The story is paper thin (so I didn't like it much), but the battles are insane. Combining spells with the environment and ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X