Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Not Least Bit Surprised Lomachenko Made Rigondeaux Quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landotter View Post
    Anyone hear any follow up as to the injury? I have heard zero. Remember when everyone attacked Manny Pacquiao blamed a bum shoulder for his crap performance against Mayweather? A few days later, he had surgery and at least people knew that injury was legit even if most still think Mayweather just schooled him.

If Rigo ends up with a legit injury, that will "help" with a future bout. Anything less and he became a figure like Nicolas Walters overnight,only a little bit worse for faking something to get out of the fight.

So.. . Anyone heard anything?
    I heard him and his manager brought the car in the back loaded up with Arum’s cash and bounced to South America for a long long vacation, they found his hand wraps in the dumpster near by with a note,
    “I am sorry ya’ll but f-daaaat. peace - El Chacal”
    Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 12-11-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anyesi@aol.com View Post
      Never seen Rigo come foward like that. Never took a backstep. Like he was ordered to come foward or else.
      Or else what?!!! Bob is gonna shoot up a place, are you f... ohhh wait nevermind you have an aol account.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
        Anyone hear any follow up as to the injury? I have heard zero. Remember when everyone attacked Manny Pacquiao blamed a bum shoulder for his crap performance against Mayweather? A few days later, he had surgery and at least people knew that injury was legit even if most still think Mayweather just schooled him.

If Rigo ends up with a legit injury, that will "help" with a future bout. Anything less and he became a figure like Nicolas Walters overnight,only a little bit worse for faking something to get out of the fight.

So.. . Anyone heard anything?
        lol man there was no injury

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
          Or else what?!!! Bob is gonna shoot up a place, are you f... ohhh wait nevermind you have an aol account.
          lmaoooooooo man I don't know why this made me laugh like that, aol is old school!!!! I used to bang all kinds of weird chat room chicks on that thing!!!

Comment

I keep people seeing people trying to stick with the size narrative. That would be correct if Lomachenko was imposing his size which he wasn't, he boxed beautifully and his hand speed fkd Rigo's game plan all up, pair that with footwork Rigo likely hasn't seen in well over a decade and it was going to end just like it did one way or another. Rigo wasn't bulldozed, he got beaten to a rhythm he couldn't crack.

Comment

December 11, 2017:

The topic came up in last week’s Magno’s Bulging Mail Sack about whether I’d give Lomachenko full credit for a dominant win over Rigondeaux, but it’s hard to determine what “full credit” should be in a case like this. Lomachenko DID—easily and decisively-- beat a great fighter and someone who had legitimately earned a spot in pound-for-pound rankings (if that’s your thing), but, again, there were A LOT of extenuating circumstances attached to the win.

If Gennady Golovkin destroys a beefed up, inactive Manny Pacquiao at 160 in six rounds and makes the Filipino legend quit on his stool, what amount of credit would be given to “Triple G” for the victory?

Whatever answer you give to that question will give you the answer to the question of how much credit Lomachenko deserves for doing away with Rigondeaux.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article31557.html

Comment

Im literally laughing my ass off at his comment :-D

Comment

I can't even say it was a good fight because honestly it wasn't. Loma absolutely dominated. It was surreal to see Rigo look so lost in the ring without any answers to the situation he was in. There was nothing he could do. Total blow out.

I'd be thrilled to see Loma fight either Garcia or Linares next. I hope they keep things moving right along towards another significant fight.

Comment

Lomachenko's style is a nightmare against pure counter punchers and he(Loma) knows it. He already mentioned it subtly that if Rigo won't come to fight, he don't really stand a chance.

What he is doing is perpetual volume mix of soft and hard punches while moving in angles ever so slightly and at times suddenly. There is no way you could produce a good counter punch consistently with this type of style and if you do, the strength of the blow is already cut in half because he is always at an angle that is slightly diagonal in proportion of the blow. While you keep figuring out how to properly place the blow; before you know it, you are already way too behind points and your only hope now is to knock him out, but you sense that it's impossible anyway so you resort to a bag of dirty tricks and if it does not work as well then the situation becomes hopeless. This causes fighters to quit.

Comment

I think this was quite sad to see. Loma was excellent on the night and put on a great display, he is truley in his prime and showed it. I am sorry to say it but i think Rigondeaux has now declined to the point where guys will probably beat him in his division that could not beat him before. He just could not keep up with Loma and then you add in the size that Loma has on Rigo. It was just a lose - lose situation so Rigondeaux wanted out.

Personally i believe Rigondeaux was going to get stopped and he is experienced enough to know this himself. Rigondeaux looked very shocked in this fight on how well Loma moved for his weight. Personally i would of respected Rigondeaux more if he had went out on his shield. I hope he has made some good money because i dont think he is going to be around for much longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X