Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Floyd neaturlize Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton kept talking about how he was stronger etc. You knew he was ****ed then. People assume Floyd is "delicate", but he's pretty good on the inside.

Comment

Letting Hatton smother his work and just being savy on the inside, little body shots on the inside slowly breaking him down.

Leading and then tieing him up not letting Hatton get into a rythm.

I expected Floyd to move a lot more than he did in this fight, but it seemed from early that he fight was going to be an ugly one with a lot of wrestling. I think Hatton was expecting a much easier time at close range, he's eluded to that in the past.

This is the last time Floyd really pushed for a stoppage. There's a moment in the 8th round where he hurts Hatton with a check left hook and throws about 20+ punches unanswered. When do you ever see Floyd doing that? Never. Not since that fight.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-23-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

By being the superior fighter? Hatton was a scrub.

People talk about the ref letting Floyd get away with too much, but that's nonsense.

Comment

Floyd was able to identify the cracks and target them. It was a very disciplined fight on his part. Can be said of so many of his fights though. He was very focused and didn't sway from implementing his game. Not as exciting as seeing someone decide to slug it out but it is what it is. Breaking down Hatton produced a brilliant KO that's possibly the highlight of his career.

Comment

Wasn't that complicated. Go back and watch the last 10 seconds of the 1st round, where Mayweather hit Hatton with 4 clean lead right hands before the bell rang.

Told me all I needed to know.

Go to the 26:45 mark:

Comment

The main factor is when Ricky realized Floyd was just as if not more physically strong than he... And he could stifle his inside brawling technique Inhibited him from staying inside with strong clinching turning over shorter crisper hooks and getting off first... And blasting devastating straight right pull counters.

I agree that cortez defi itely inhibited hatton from. Staying in the inside longer but it really didn't matter.

Essentially Floyd could do what hatton did even better

Comment

By fighting smart.

Made Hatton exhausted byt missing a few shots and then in the late rounds take him out

Comment

I saw the fight live but I was a n00b.

Watching now

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Was he just the better inside fighter?
                    You must be joking if you think weight hade anything to do with the outcome of that fight! Learn something about boxing before you post!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
                      Joe Cortez damn rite! Who said hatton was getting inside, ref was breaking up the only thing hatton was good at....
                      Ws he fighting on the inside or just wrestling??

Comment

Working...
                      X