Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big L is The Greatest Lyricist of All Time!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
    You obviously don't get it. It's not a mathematical equation. Saying that flow, metaphor and wordplay is what you have to include when comparing verses is an opinion. So, even the categories you base your opinion on are formed from opinions. Some people may feel that metaphors aren't as big of a factor so they wont include it as much. Who are you to say what is right when it's all based on opinion.

It's like you're trying to boast up your own opinion and bully it onto others. It's stupid and shows how big headed and stupid you are.

Also, you put delivery in quotation marks next to flow. Do you even understand that those are two completely different things?

You're dumb.
    So are quotation marks and parenthesis.

But yeah, I agree that there's no standard equation that everyone uses in order to judge a verse.

But there is a general consensus, at least there should be on certain things, for example saying Soulja Boy's verse on...I dunno, any verse he's written isn't as good as AZ's verse on "Life's A *****." But I guess you could even argue the opposite.

Music is mostly opinion and I don't think there is a real right or wrong answer to who's verse was better on "Platinum Plus," because it's not like L's was horrible.

Comment

lol did I really say quotations? but you get what I mean

And, yeah, that's why I try to respect everyone's opinions because I understand that it is all relative. If someone honestly believes that Solja Boy is better than Rakim I'll give them their respect even though I think otherwise. Who am I to try to act like my opinion is better than someone elses.

I don't even think Big L is the greatest lyricist ever, but I think he's up there. Most people I've seen that don't give him props as a lyricist label him as a punchline rapper. They place him in a box wheras cats like GZA and Nas, who have a more standard lyrical style, are seen as the better more real lyricist.

It's like a horror movie losing out on oscar merit over a drama movie. You gotta look deeper than the styles and check out the genius of the work.

Though Big L was more of a shock/punchline rapper, his lyrics had an incredible amount of genius behind them.

Comment

Working...
      X