Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar Rivas and Bryant Jennings was a close fight. What does this tell us?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Rivas and Bryant Jennings was a close fight. What does this tell us?

Is Bryant Jennings a decent fighter? And a tough opponent for Joe Joyce? Or is Oscar Rivas just not very good? I was looking at Rivas' amateur record and he has wins over some top fighters, including Andy Ruiz Jr. I've never really rated Jennings though.

Jennings only lost to Wlad and Ortiz prior. But of course that was a few years back.

We will find out soon enough when Jennings fights Joyce and Rivas fights Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Jennings only lost to Wlad and Ortiz prior. But of course that was a few years back.

We will find out soon enough when Jennings fights Joyce and Rivas fights Whyte.
      Yea bro. My OP may come across a bit more critical than I intended.

In reality I think Joe Joyce could be upset here, think Jennings has the tools to make him look really bad and take him into the late rounds. Just depends if Joe can hurt him early.

Same in the Whyte-Rivas fight, I think if Rivas has that pedigree and can box well and cute etc, could make Dillian look terrible. If Rivas trades then he playing into Dillian's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Is Bryant Jennings a decent fighter? And a tough opponent for Joe Joyce? Or is Oscar Rivas just not very good? I was looking at Rivas' amateur record and he has wins over some top fighters, including Andy Ruiz Jr. I've never really rated Jennings though.
        It’s hard to determine how good Jennings is now. He had no amateur career and is at the tail-end of his career. He’s a very well conditioned athlete and he’s tough. But his lack of experience is evident in certain scenarios. He kind of has no ring identity and that makes it hard to determine how good he is or ever was. But Rivas seems solid. And he’s very calm. He puts together combos. His style should mesh well with whyte.

Comment

Jennings, always fights the wrong type of fight, and was actually getting outboxed by Rivas, who had more skills and a better understanding of what he needs to do. It was a little surprising as Rivas has faults himself, as he goes at one speed and never changes. Whyte presumably won't have a skill advantage, and will come right at Rivas he could get caught. Should be a good fight, it's 50/50 ish but if Rivas can take a punch he'll win. Jennings can't punch so learned nothing on that front in that fight.

Comment

I've never watched Rivas, I'll have to check him out. On the other hand, I think Jennings is a live dog against Joyce.

Comment

Jennings is underrated and has a lot of good nutritional knowledge and stuff, makes him a tough dude on fight night. also, he's been a vegan since klitschko. Good dude, shares his knowledge about how in USA we inject our meats with drugs and stuff and went outta his way and said it during a press conference.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                I think Jennings is on the slide, I’d pick the Jennings that fought Wlad to outpoint Joyce but I think Joyce will manage to deal with this version of Jennings and will force a late stoppage. I don’t particularly rate Joyce but this is good matchmaking and a very credible opponent for only his 10th fight I think.

As for Rivas he’s just a poor mans David Tua IMO, I mean he went 10 rounds with Fabio Maldonado. I thought he was losing (admittedly a close fight) to Jennings to until (credit to him) he forced the stoppage. Whyte should deal with him easily if he is what he claims to be.

Comment

I’ll call it now as well...

If Jennings pulls off the upset he’ll get the Fury fight in NYC.

Comment

Rivas and Jennings are going to be way over matched . I have a feeling this Joyce will be more problematic for Jennings then Rivas for Whyte ,I don't expect either underdog to have their hand raised. Whyte vs Joyce is the fight I want.

Comment

Working...
                    X