Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a creationist? Do you believe God created the Earth in 6000 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    i am 35 years old and dont know **** nor does anyone else..all people do is guess and believe and pass their opinions on as facts
    Not quite that nebulous my creationist friend.

There are ways to determine the age of certain things, and methods to test, etc.

That's the bible you're talking about - "passing on stories as facts" with nothing to prove the ridiculous claims.

No false equivalencies, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
      Not quite that nebulous my creationist friend.

There are ways to determine the age of certain things, and methods to test, etc.

That's the bible you're talking about - "passing on stories as facts" with nothing to prove the ridiculous claims.

No false equivalencies, please.
      determine age??? what is age?? who created age and time?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Well that's true that we can't know everything, but there's evidence of the time Earth has in different fossils and rocks. We do know the approximate age of our planet, it's far more than 6k years. The bible is a story just like Superman comicbooks.
        what is time?? who created the time tables of time?

Comment

what is time?? who created the time tables of time?
          Time is a property of the universe, age is our view and measurement of the property in the way we use it for everyday life, but our understanding of time as strictly lineal is slowly changing!

Comment

i am 35 years old and dont know **** nor does anyone else..all people do is guess and believe and pass their opinions on as facts
            Sounds like you need to do some studying.

Strange how many people ask these questions but dont seem to seek out the answers for themselves.
            There is no excuse when most of us have access to huge amounts of instant information through the internet. Which we know have via our phones, in our pockets at all times.

The general public is astoundingly ignorant and uninformed about science. But instead of admit that and educate themselves, they'd rather argue about things they clearly havent bothered to understand.

Comment

I'm not an anthropologist, archeologist, geographer, etc. and I respect the work they do. I don't argue about the age of the earth or anything like that, however, I do reject the randomness factor that is currently taught as an explanation for the origin of life.

I believe in intelligent design, and even though in an over simplified single sentence it doesn't sound convincing to most, the sheer complexity of a single cell (Never mind all the other components/processes of life) are just too complex and perfect to be the result of something that was previously disorder, without an intelligent mind intervening.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                You always do that ever since you got destroyed in the debate. You don't know how to debate therefore you resort to nonsensical statements that resemble that of a christian because you have no intellectual capacity to counter arguments.
                Don't come in here trying to disrespect me. Only God Can Judge!

Comment

Read up on carbon dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    There's been approximately 3000 gods that have been worshiped over the years.

Do you believe in all of them ?
                    All the others were myths. Our God is the true God.

Comment

Science doesn't guess. It infers based on solid facts.
                      When you wake up in the morning and see the grass, car and street are wet you don't guess that it rained the night before, you infer based on evidence it rained.
                      Science works in the same way.
                      Last edited by JJRod; 05-13-2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X