Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: who wins?
Regis Prograis by Decision 3 8.33%
Regis Prograis by T/KO 25 69.44%
Julius Indongo by Decision 2 5.56%
Julius Indongo by T/KO 6 16.67%
Draw/Too close to call 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 AM #211
Gillie Gillie is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,401
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
Gillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,000,001,000,035,796.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,000,001,000,035,796.00
Making it rain with tha picks! we tha best! - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons View Post
You're wrong. Gamboa won interim titles at super featherweight and lightweight before fighting Crawford.
Okay. I remember Gamboa fighting Darling Jimenez at 130 and then going back to featherweight but I didn't realize that he fought at superfeatherweight and lightweight after that. I stand corrected. Who did he beat for the interim lightweight title?
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-10-2018, 08:40 AM #212
JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,161
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
JakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of lightJakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of lightJakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of lightJakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of lightJakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of lightJakeTheBoxer is a glorious beacon of light
Points: 30,000,042,797.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,042,797.42
Default

Broner and Granados should be there. They would be the best guys in division.
JakeTheBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 AM #213
Gillie Gillie is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,401
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
Gillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond reputeGillie has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 15,000,001,000,035,796.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,000,001,000,035,796.00
Making it rain with tha picks! we tha best! - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisJS View Post
Gamboa had had one fight at 130 for an interim title I believe and then he had one fight at 135 before Crawford but he was obviously undersized at the weight.
My bad. Someone else also pointed out to me that Gamboa fought and was successful at 130 and 135 prior to fighting Crawford. One thing is for sure, when Gamboa was at the height of his powers, I remember thinking that this guy is going to absolutely dominate for years to come. I am still stunned at how his career has turned out for someone who looked like a sure fire hall of famer. Peace.
Gillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:55 AM #214
revelated revelated is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,438
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,919,439,663,109,389,824.00
Bank: 1,357,971,217,108,387,233,792.00
Total Points: 1,361,890,656,771,496,738,816.00
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
Either Indogo was ill or paid to lose. He didn't look like he wanted to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
Kinda surprised that Indongo got blown out like that.
I'm not.

It's about time everyone accept what some were saying back when Crawford/Indongo was signed: Indongo was a paper champion. His only good win was the unification fight last year against Burns who was WAY past the sell date.

Troyanovsky is the textbook definition of a padded fight resume.

All Indongo really has is power. If you don't square up on him, he's just a C-level fighter.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:24 AM #215
Califire209 Califire209 is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Stockton, Cali
Age: 33
Posts: 813
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Califire209 has a spectacular aura aboutCalifire209 has a spectacular aura aboutCalifire209 has a spectacular aura about
Points: 1,000,000,000,020,111.50
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,020,111.50
Default

Good strong showing from Regis. Indongos legs and Rhythm looked off balance since round 1, mentally he didn't look ready like Crawford took his soul from him.
Califire209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:29 AM #216
Jubei Jubei is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,357
Quoted: 2412 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
Jubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 150,000,000,000,010,003,415,040.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 150,000,000,000,010,003,415,040.00
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Default

Hahaha i still can't believe people claim Crawford is a #P4P fighter. His wins are trash.
Jubei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:42 AM #217
Red Skull Red Skull is offline
The best MW ever
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Europe home of Boxing
Posts: 15,071
Quoted: 5054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 40
Red Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond reputeRed Skull has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,000,231,999,999,989,252,096.00
Bank: 88,278,552,271,043,584.00
Total Points: 50,000,320,278,552,270,340,096.00
Nice betting with you - Jloro Thanks for being honest - mathed one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland 
Your the man!! =P - Elroy1 Canelo!! - KO MX Good lookin' out. - Jalisciense909 have a slice - sugarsmosley No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. For thinking Whitaker vs Chavez was close. - BrushMyHair! for many excellent posts - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office that sig bro.. lol - FlatLine War RED CYCLONE! - King Krusher keep up the excellent posting - Freedom. One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Send a message via MSN to Red Skull
Default

To think Terence Crawtard fanboys actually thought Bumdingo was actually a good win hahahahaha!
They actually also think a midget 2 year lay off Gamboa win and Ricky Burns is a good win, smdh!
Crawford resume looking weaker by the minute.
Red Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:43 AM #218
Bobby Shaw Bobby Shaw is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 3,370
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Bobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shaw has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,000,000,344,556.75
Bank: 2,542.36
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,347,099.25
Hanging tough through all the hate - deanrw wear this for floyd - JM1 imagine this is floyds - JM1 wipe your ass with some tissue after floyd is done with you - JM1 viagra for your boyfriend before he humps your ass - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
I'm not.

It's about time everyone accept what some were saying back when Crawford/Indongo was signed: Indongo was a paper champion. His only good win was the unification fight last year against Burns who was WAY past the sell date.

Troyanovsky is the textbook definition of a padded fight resume.

All Indongo really has is power. If you don't square up on him, he's just a C-level fighter.
Surely you wouldn't expect him to be blown away like a bum like that.
Bobby Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:58 AM #219
Boxing Logic Boxing Logic is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,580
Quoted: 2578 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Boxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,009,999,999,995,740,160.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,009,999,999,995,740,160.00
Great post. Keep up the good work. - WTF Huck! knows his stuff - jas You actually look beneath the surface - Nomadic 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Cool View Post
Prograis just looked better against Indongo than Crawford did. Literally. Indongo is quite possibly the toughest opponent Bud has ever fought, and this prospect hurt Indongo with every punch he landed. Either move Bud out of the p4p rankings, or put Prograis right beside him. This Prograis was before tonight considered a prospect. And he just beat Bud's toughest opponent. That says a lot about how weak of competition Bud has had to face to be considered p4p. Haymon doesn't pay the journalists, Arum do.
It's not about only certain promoters paying journalists bro. Pay attention to the patterns. Floyd and Ward both retired, the most hyped American boxers of the last decade. The corrupt boxing establishment in the US needed to find a replacement. That's just how it works. Look at who has been ranked #1 P4P the last literally 50 years in boxing basically. We went from SRL to RJJ to Floyd to Ward to now they trying to put Crawford there. In the past the Americans were usually the best at boxing so it made sense the best American was the top P4P in the sport, but it is also political. The corrupt boxing establishment in the US is going to make way more money off an American P4P champ than a Russian or any other nationality besides Mexican, especially on US Networks.

So basically, whenever one generation is ending, all the bought off boxing writers and so on will start to hype the next generation of American stars like Crawford. They don't even have to do half as much as foreign boxers, but they will rank them ahead because of the money. If you actually compare Crawford's best wins to Lomachenko's or even Usyk's, there's not much comparison, but a lot of places still have Crawford ranked above. Now imagine if Crawford was the Ukrainian, and Loma was the American, Crawford wouldn't be ranked above him anywhere not even in Ukraine. They also gave Crawford Fighter of the Year a lot of places for beating Indongo and some other C-level guys. It is what it is.

It's just like they got Keith Thurman in the top 10. Another American guy. In case he beats Spence, then they can hype him instead, but mostly it's because they expect Spence to win and they want to be able to put Spence at #1 or #2 after that by saying "he beat someone on the p4P list" when in reality, Thurman hasn't proved ****, he showed a lot of vulnerability against Porter and DSG who are B+ welterweights at best.

The other thing you need to know about Crawford, Top Rank don't trust his chin at all. He has skills but he's never had to take any punishment. He has a thin torso which could make him vulnerable to the body, and they don't trust his chin. Ever since Gamboa hurt him, they've matched him with about 9 or 10 guys in a row who have less than 50% knockout percentage, no power at all. The only power puncher Crawford has fought at 140 was past prime John Molina. That's it.

People understand, that is the textbook way to overhype a fighter. All you need to do is match him against boxers who can't punch, and punchers who are so bad at boxing they can't land a single punch. Boxers who cant punch, punchers who cant box. 10 fights in a row like that, and people will think your guy is superman because he overpowers every boxer who cant punch, and he outboxes and beats down every puncher who cant box or defend himself. That's what they have done with Crawford, but he hasn't beaten anyone even B+ level yet let alone A-level.
Boxing Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:23 AM #220
revelated revelated is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,438
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,919,439,663,109,389,824.00
Bank: 1,357,971,217,108,387,233,792.00
Total Points: 1,361,890,656,771,496,738,816.00
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
Surely you wouldn't expect him to be blown away like a bum like that.
By Prograis with an 86% KO ratio and a straight upset over Joel Diaz Jr.? yeah, I saw it clearly possible.

People are overrating Indongo and underrating Prograis. He's a solid, dangerous B-level fighter.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxingscene poll, julius indongo, regis prograis, showtime boxing

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.