Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will be the World Champion?
Germany 12 12.63%
Spain 10 10.53%
France 17 17.89%
Brazil 12 12.63%
Argentina 3 3.16%
Portugal 2 2.11%
Belgium 5 5.26%
England 23 24.21%
Croatia 6 6.32%
Other 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2018, 06:30 PM #2951
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
TheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 11,834.15
No Message - anthonydavid11 Here is a tasty American Cheeseburger - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
Meanwhile we've had a few idiot fat yanks that can't even understand a basic elimination bracket.
Imagine not going to the world cup when Costa Rica and Panama are qualifying ahead of you. I mean, i'm not even saying it to try to annoy the Americans. It just really is p1ss poor isn't it?
TheBigLug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:51 PM #2952
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2638 Post(s)
Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,066.99
Total Points: 24,671.72
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLug View Post
Imagine not going to the world cup when Costa Rica and Panama are qualifying ahead of you. I mean, i'm not even saying it to try to annoy the Americans. It just really is p1ss poor isn't it?
That really is horrific.

At some point they probably are liable to make a better go
of it. At grassroots level they must have more kids playing football than here and that’s conservative. They could have up to a million more. Even if they think it’s a ‘girls’ game. It’s pure numbers. Even if those kids go into another sport the catchment area is so vast.

But Scotland would qualify from that region, ffs. Per capita the US must be one of the worst football playing nations of all time.

Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-05-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Sparked_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:07 PM #2953
Undisputed Champion

TheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked_26 View Post
That really is horrific.

At some point they probably are liable to make a better go
of it. At grassroots level they must have more kids playing football than here and thatís conservative. They could have up to a million more. Even if they think itís a Ďgirlsí game. Itís pure numbers. Even if those kids go into another sport the catchment area is so vast.

But Scotland would qualify from that region, ffs. Per capita the US must be one of the worst football playing nations of all time.
Me and a friend went to USA to do some coaching for some "Soccer camp", we were only about 18 ourselves. It was just an opportunity to go over for a month via the club we played for at the time. It was based just out of Santa Barbara and had kids aged about 9-16 coming from different parts of California to attend. They were supposedly meant to be talented kids from different teams.

Honesty, the quality was even worse than i expected. It's really strange, as you say, law of averages should state that some of them would be very good, given the population, but they were just all technically very poor.

I think it has to be something that is just ingrained in the culture. Kids from countries where footy is the major sport are kicking footballs literally from the time they can walk aren't they? There's always a footy in the garden somewhere. Just like i'm certain your average kid in USA can throw a basketball shot significantly better than your average British kid.

But as you say, on sheer population alone, it's incredible that USA has never produced a footballer that is anywhere near world class. I mean, they're still a country that has competed in world cups for years and years, so it's not like it is a completely rare sport there.

I used to really like watching USA play though. They made up for their lack of ability with great team spirit and hard work. They were always fun in the world cup. Now they don't even seem to have that.

Last edited by TheBigLug; 07-05-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:42 PM #2954
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quoted: 4646 Post(s)
LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,056.40
Total Points: 46,053.99
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
He allowed one Columbian to headbutt Sterling and didn't give yellow cards to them after they stood in his face screaming for 10 mins after the penalty

So yes shady but probably not in the way telmundo is saying
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
LMAO.

Fair take.

LoadedWraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:45 PM #2955
Il Principe

Quoted: 906 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,056.40
Total Points: 28,939.77
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
For your anus - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For your mouth - desktop 0 LMAO!!! - desktop 0 you like it - desktop 0 
for when your boyfriend is away - desktop 0 here's another - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

The problem with the US was the policy made after 2010 that valued number of club level starts over quality of club level starts.

Led to Bradley leaving Roma and Dempsey leaving the Prem for the MLS and their lead had resulted in the younger players not challenging themselves to play in europe. To actually get better. (Ref: Brek she’s failing at stoke because of his bum mentality)

The likes of Pulisic, Weah, Weston etc. idk how they wound up in Dortmund, PSG and Schalke but as long as American kids continue going to europe, the national side will inevitably get better.

Atm they suck because it’s filled with guys who play in a league equivalent to the France 2nd Tier.
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:37 PM #2956
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
The problem with the US was the policy made after 2010 that valued number of club level starts over quality of club level starts.

Led to Bradley leaving Roma and Dempsey leaving the Prem for the MLS and their lead had resulted in the younger players not challenging themselves to play in europe. To actually get better. (Ref: Brek sheís failing at stoke because of his bum mentality)

The likes of Pulisic, Weah, Weston etc. idk how they wound up in Dortmund, PSG and Schalke but as long as American kids continue going to europe, the national side will inevitably get better.

Atm they suck because itís filled with guys who play in a league equivalent to the France 2nd Tier.
Bradley is one player from USA i really did rate and surprised he never went on to bigger things

Well actually he had a decent spell at Roma but i saw him at Heerenveen when he was still young and he looked like a hell of a player. I was always surprised no biggish clubs picked him up at that point.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:06 AM #2957
Undisputed Champion

Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLug View Post
Me and a friend went to USA to do some coaching for some "Soccer camp", we were only about 18 ourselves. It was just an opportunity to go over for a month via the club we played for at the time. It was based just out of Santa Barbara and had kids aged about 9-16 coming from different parts of California to attend. They were supposedly meant to be talented kids from different teams.

Honesty, the quality was even worse than i expected. It's really strange, as you say, law of averages should state that some of them would be very good, given the population, but they were just all technically very poor.

I think it has to be something that is just ingrained in the culture. Kids from countries where footy is the major sport are kicking footballs literally from the time they can walk aren't they? There's always a footy in the garden somewhere. Just like i'm certain your average kid in USA can throw a basketball shot significantly better than your average British kid.

But as you say, on sheer population alone, it's incredible that USA has never produced a footballer that is anywhere near world class. I mean, they're still a country that has competed in world cups for years and years, so it's not like it is a completely rare sport there.

I used to really like watching USA play though. They made up for their lack of ability with great team spirit and hard work. They were always fun in the world cup. Now they don't even seem to have that.
Thatís a great point about the ball in the garden.

The other day I was at my mums and there was my nieces frozen plastic wind shifter type ball maybe about size 4 and she had a little basketball hoop. My bro in law and a mate were there.

We were doing a bbq and within 10 mins the game was to keep it up the frozen ball for at least 3 transitions between players and then head the ball into the hoop. Weíre all in our 30ís now and havenít played anything more than 5 a side for ages but we actually did quite well, lol. None of us are even good but I suppose weíve all been kicking balls since we were 4.

And England are traditionally the weakest technically out of the established footie nations.

I reckon the true barometer of average footy talent is probably not the actual talent that makes it but pissed up men in their 30ís messing around with a ball at a bbq.

Iím imagining what we did with a ball our Brazilian equivalent would do with an orange and our American cousins couldnít do with a balloon.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:25 AM #2958
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 977 Post(s)
MOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,061.68
Total Points: 10,709.18
#WigPushers - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
LMAO.

Fair take.

I saw Maradonna saying the Columbia got robbed by the ref and the guy should not be allowed to ref big games like this because he's from the United States.

Maradonna..
probably the most notorious cheat in footballing history
MOTHERDUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:28 AM #2959
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 977 Post(s)
MOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHERDUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,061.68
Total Points: 10,709.18
#WigPushers - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked_26 View Post
And England are traditionally the weakest technically out of the established footie nations.
Do you think that's started to change though? i thought technically we were actually superior to Columbia and played far smarter the i have ever seen an England team play (buying free kicks/slowing down play)

Was refreshing to see Stones/Maguire and co play with the ball at the back rather then launching it into row Z or half way up the field like old England CB's

I just saw Mpappe had a Ronaldo poster (he was at Madrid) in his room when he was younger.. I am starting to feel old as **** now
MOTHERDUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 AM #2960
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
Do you think that's started to change though? i thought technically we were actually superior to Columbia and played far smarter the i have ever seen an England team play (buying free kicks/slowing down play)

Was refreshing to see Stones/Maguire and co play with the ball at the back rather then launching it into row Z or half way up the field like old England CB's

I just saw Mpappe had a Ronaldo poster (he was at Madrid) in his room when he was younger.. I am starting to feel old as **** now
I think weíre getting there.

But itís mixed. Delle Alli is a typical English player who has to play a certain position.
RLC is very technical and despite his physicality is not really a typically English player.

Sterling can receive the ball in tight spaces and turn as can Lingard. Itís variable though, I donít think Rashford has brilliant technique I struggle to know how England can use him . Kane has great technique. Dier bless him is an absolute clogger.

Maguire, Stones and Pickford have shown good technical ability at different times.

Trippier is good. Danny Rose relies on athleticism as does Kyle Walker.

Share This With Friends

Tags
2018, cup, official, questions., thread, watching, world

User Tag List