Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Drops, Stops Arreola; Calls For All The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone done the ratings report yet? According to Neilsen, looks like PBC on Fox did 1.45 mill and 0.4 in the 18-49 demo. Could probably go up a bit on the whole +3 day tally when DVRs are included.

Comment

• Wilder really irritated me in this fight. I defended his willingness to stay committed to the fight date after Povetkin dropped out. But his dancing and humping around the ring was inexcusable. It was poor sportsmanship and disrespectful to both the opponent and the audience.

"Hey everybody look at how mismatched my opponent is! See how I'm wasting time dancing with him while he clinches! This fight is a total joke but please keep watching and paying to see it guys!"

Is this the "personality" everybody keeps talking about? Because this boards brags up how charming and interesting Wilder is. But all I'm seeing and hearing is an uncoordinated can crusher who talks like he has marbles in his mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRalkman View Post
        Wilder really irritated me in this fight. I defended his willingness to stay committed to the fight date after Povetkin dropped out. But his dancing and humping around the ring was inexcusable. It was poor sportsmanship and disrespectful to both the opponent and the audience.

"Hey everybody look at how mismatched my opponent is! See how I'm wasting time dancing with him while he clinches! This fight is a total joke but please keep watching and paying to see it guys!"

Is this the "personality" everybody keeps talking about? Because this boards brags up how charming and interesting Wilder is. But all I'm seeing and hearing is an uncoordinated can crusher who talks like he has marbles in his mouth.
        I'm not one for showboating, but that is many fighters today. Wilder is interesting because he is relatively untested against the best of today but he does have true knockout power. He doesn't seem like a Michael Grant type of guy. Will he pan out, who knows? But it is interesting to see if he does or not given the weak heavyweight landscape we're looking at.

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
          Any report how long he is out for?
          Was watching ESPN earlier and they said that Wilder was going to be out until Fury retired or got beaten.

Comment

• Just finished watching the fight. The PVR cut out after the 1st round on Saturday ( PBC shows always run longer then Advertised,sucks when trying to record it )

Decent showing for Wilder considering the injuries , That jabs looking real good now. Doesn't seem like he's lost any of his speed while bulking up

Hope he has quick recovery and when healthy it's time to put Wilder in the mix with Fury, AJ, Ortiz, Haye

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Was watching ESPN earlier and they said that Wilder was going to be out until Fury retired or got beaten.
              hhaha i said it before, he will make sure his return is announced when all the top guys have got opponents lined up, then he will fight a few more bums under the excuse that he has got some ring rust

Comment

• dont worry about getting back into the ring as soon as possible deontay, you should have a few years off mate, get some long lengthy rehab done cause nobody wants to see you back in the ring fighting clowns, you even fought zelenoff ffs

Comment

Wilder really irritated me in this fight. I defended his willingness to stay committed to the fight date after Povetkin dropped out. But his dancing and humping around the ring was inexcusable. It was poor sportsmanship and disrespectful to both the opponent and the audience.

yeah , **** wilder I hate showboating **** like that ,try that against a decent opponent you prick and you will be humping the floor, its just classless American bull**** , and all this talk of unifying all the titles get outta here hes got no intention of fighting the joshuas parkers and furys out there , just a steady line of bums is all we ever get , and if I sound bitter YES **** it iam sick of politics in boxing sick of the bull**** excuses for fights not happening.

Comment

He does that with all his opponents. I don't think he was trying to rub it in anyone's faces that he was fighting an overmatched guy, just having a bit of fun (though obviously it was only Arreola's general shitness that gave him the opportunity to play to the crowd like that). I agree that it's disrespectful, but it's no worse really than Fury putting his hands behind his back, or Joshua sticking his tongue out IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X