Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! I saw the Doc last week! He said I don't know what your doing, but keep it up!

Comment

cirrhosis of the liver is at a all time high off the charts and I think lung disease from smoking is as well

That said, you probably should not drink more than one beer or wine per week imho and then avoid the hard liqueur unless really sick or something

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        Bro fucc aa the stories those sad fuccs tell make you want to drink lol it’s funny cause it’s downstairs from wildcard
        AA is not for me but whatever works. It really works for some people. I just don't feel like I need it and I don't agree with a lot of what they are founded on. They really focus on alcoholism being a disease and that you are powerless over it. I just can't get on bored with being powerless over it. I mean, even if you concede that it is a disease, which I don't, you most certainly don't have to "admit" you are powerless over it. Even the folks who successfully adhere to the program. That is power over drinking. I don't consider it a disease and I'm sure a lot of physicians who know a lot more about it could tell me that I'm wrong but from my limited knowledge and personal experience, I don't feel that it's a disease. If I could go from drinking every day for almost all of my 20's to just completely quitting one day with no help from anyone, I just can't see it. I have "alcoholism" on both sides of the family. I don't like the victimhood mentality. Drinking is a choice.

Originally posted by Fake versace View Post
        What things did you focus on to achieve this. I like feeling sober but then I get bored. I try thinking of hobbies but I’ve no idea!!
        Well, I don't know how much you drink or if you consider yourself an alcoholic or anything. I'm no expert but I can tell you what worked for me. I just replaced drinking time with something else. I used to crack open beers after work. I replaced that with taking my dog for long ass walks. Like 6 miles or something. Then that evolved into running and now I lift weights. You just need to find another thing to occupy your time. You have to want to quit too, otherwise you will not succeed. I used to drink just about every day and I could throw them back. Lol. I'd say I was an alcoholic. I have an all or nothing personality so when I tried to just cut back, it only lasted temporarily. I think that even folks who go to AA would agree that you have to find something to do to replace your drinking time. That's why a lot of them go to meetings and that really helps them. Some folks go to multiple meetings a day when they first start the program.

Comment

I dream about drinking beer that's been distilled in lfc19titles mothers fanny.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            i havent missed a day of drinking in the past 10yrs

i dont drink to get demolished anymore but i still have at least 2 tall cans a night

just eat right and go to the gym.

If I didn't smoke weed, I would probably drink everyday as well, but I wouldn't get sht faced every night like I did in my early 20s. I don't need to get trashed, just something to help me unwind, like a few beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              If I didn't smoke weed, I would probably drink everyday as well, but I wouldn't get sht faced every night like I did in my early 20s. I don't need to get trashed, just something to help me unwind, like a few beers.

I smoke weed while I drink.. The beer is for cottonmouth

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                I smoke weed while I drink.. The beer is for cottonmouth
                For real, guys acting like weed and drinking isn't cool.... smh

Comment

Drinking and modding is my favorite past time. Just ask Motorcity Cobra

BPP makes me submit to a breathalyzer now before I could log on and moderate anything.
                  Last edited by -MEGA-; 08-05-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    I just replaced drinking time with something else. I used to crack open beers after work. I replaced that with taking my dog for long ass walks. Like 6 miles or something. Then that evolved into running and now I lift weights. You just need to find another thing to occupy your time. You have to want to quit too, otherwise you will not succeed. I used to drink just about every day and I could throw them back. Lol. I'd say I was an alcoholic. I have an all or nothing personality so when I tried to just cut back, it only lasted temporarily. I think that even folks who go to AA would agree that you have to find something to do to replace your drinking time. That's why a lot of them go to meetings and that really helps them. Some folks go to multiple meetings a day when they first start the program.
                    I spent 20 yrs in law Enforcement. Any cop who has been in a pursuit, UOF (use of force against a person), shooting, shot at, murder scene etc is lying to you if they don't need to unwind.

If I have been on duty 20 hrs plus I could go strait to bed sometimes. But most nights i needed to unwind.

Beer and wine helped!

As I got older and started putting weight on, I knew I had to exercise (especially on days off)! In my 40's I started running religiously! When I was able to make it to 5-6 miles, I started rewarding myself with beer.

I ran at nite with a sauna top (even in summer). When my knees went bad I switched to a stationary bike and Beach cruiser. I'm less that a mile from the beach.

I cut soda from my diet except when I go out with friends and have a occasional diet coke or a Mexican coke.

I hydrated with water daily and sometimes gator aid!

And yet I don't feel like a drunk as some of you suggest!

Comment

So what happened to drunklang?

Comment

Working...
                      X