No announcement yet.

How many professional boxers do you think dope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
    Lou Cipher does not have time for nonsense.
    Lucifer is an evil entity who has time for everyone don't lie to me bro. The voice in my head told me you have time for me. I'll chase you to hell and back demon don't make me spew religious proverb and get my crucifix to down you for good.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Most.

I cant believe PEDs are still so misunderstood when there are tons of documentaries ect out there any sports fan can watch. People can be really niave because they want to believe their hero doesnt "cheat". Biggest misconceptions IMO:

1. you can tell someone roids by body type - guys like James Toney and Fernando vargas were busted. Peds arent just for ripped guys and peds arent just steroids. Was lance armstrong a giant meathead?

2. thinking Peds are only steroids - there is all kinds of chit now days, EPO, growth hormone, insulin ect. Whatever your sport, there are shady doctors that will come up with an optimum brew to make them excel and its not just muscle mass, its stamina, recovery time in training ect

3. xyz never tested positive - neither did shane mosley or lance armstrong. Base level testing (before/after fights) is worthless in boxing. Random olympic style testing has its limits. Organizations like wada dont run the labs, they only have inspectors. Theres a 2017 documentary on netflix now, the entire olympic russian team had a free for all to use whatever they wanted because they had people at the labs swap out their urine samples at night right under the noses of wada/vada. You think the russians are the only ones doing this? they were the only ones that got caught.

There has definitely been a shift in the last 10-15 or so years in boxers longevity. Late 30s - early 40s boxers are dominating the younger guys. In the 80s and 90s you used to be shot by 35. Its not just one or two 40 year old fighters, which could be explained by lucky genetics, its a lot of them, the over all bar for longevity has been set back by 5-10 years and its not from better protein powder.

i agree with most of what you said, but guys also came out of a horrible amateur system with a points for punches system, and needed longer to adjust to pro boxing at the top, and thus moved more slowly. there's also an increasing amount of protected matchmaking, and fighters themselves are starting to seek it out and seek out managers like haymon, who have their guys fight less and pay them to skip fights. so yes, PEDs are definitely stretching out careers, but so are "mandatories" and easy fights, which were always around, but are becoming increasingly more common.

after watching ali turn into the sad case he became i don't blame fighters for wanting to take the easiest path to the most money, stretch out their careers by fighting lesser competition before cashing out and retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        The only ones we have solid proof of are Floyd Mayweather Jr, Andre Ward and a few Heavyweights.
        I agree, just the black guys...

You're a a fückin ******, why do you even watch boxing if it causes you so much pain ? I can't work out who is the most ******ed, you, Daggum or Golovkin or whatever his user name is these days, you're all neck and neck bonafide imbeciles motivated by race.

Call yourself boxing fans ? You can't even be honest with yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          I agree, just the black guys...

Great observation but being black does not inherently make you a cheating scum. In fact it's really not even cheating it's just leveling the playing field because of the huge advantages fighters of other races have in the ring since their ancestors weren't allegedly unwilling slaves.

Comment

Working...
          X