Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    His nickname will no longer be "The Problem" his name will be

Adrian "The Gatekeeper" Broner
    I think Adrien "Basic Math" Broner is much more fitting.

Comment

so hes too small for 147 and still undefeated below it(before yesterday) but now he loses too much muscle for 140 and is too weak? so is he still king of 144?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so is he still king of 144?
        That's too much, I think 143.2 is his sweet spot.

Comment

Yeah but if he stayed near 140 and didn't have to cut so much it wouldn't be so bad. His problem is that he's all raw talent but doesn't have the Elite skills to go to the next level. And he's lacking the humility to identify it and the discipline to put in the work. He would need the right trainer and thousands of hours of work to get there. I like the kid I wish it could happen for him.

Comment

He was still strong as hell in round 12th, his skills just cant compete with Mikey.

Now what you really talking about is him needing to have a size advantage over his opponent's in order to compete and secure a "W". Thats fine some boxers have to do that when their skills cant compete but like you said at 140-147 their his size so he cant use that size advantage like he used to so he has to look at bettering his craft, well I think Broner does need a new trainer/corner cause whenever you have your trainer saying "we will never lose to a Mexican" and "Cant no Mexican ever beat us" than right there you have someone on your team who is underestimating your opponent. "Man up" is not sound advice and just proves how bigoted broner trainer is to think all Broner had to do to defeat this Mexican (who is a world class fighter) was to just "MAN UP".

Robert Garcia gave Mikey specefic instruction to keep broner controlled, he told em touch em with 3 punches and turn em, that was specific instruction that they knew will freeze broner for a second just long enough to turn and get out of the way of a hard counter.

Mike Stafford had no advice for broner to disrupt Mikey timing and distance, Mikey does the same thing in pretty much all his fights but yet they had no tricks, traps for Mikey.

Change is good, look what it did for Maidana, Bradley, Kovalev, etc.

This is what I think broner needs more than just "MUSCLES" lol.

Comment

I'd like to see him at 154 for more muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                Porter weigh in

Garcia weigh in

Guy is in a bad spot..at 147 he is hydrated but losses to the bigger guys

at 140 he seems to have to really cut muscle and still cant beat the skilled guys there

honestly 147 is the weight he needs to be at to be healthy but he really needs to focus on adjusting in fights and learn how to dictate distance cause most of his shots are always short and he just gets countered because of it...But judging by these pictures he struggles to make 140 IMO
                Definitely looks weaker. His problem is always lack of punch output. Offensively he's similar to mayweather. Defensively he's more like gatti.

Comment

Working...
                X