Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about HP laptops? (wont turn on or charge)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about HP laptops? (wont turn on or charge)

For a few months now, the battery icon at the bottom of my screen had a red X on it and said i need a new battery. it always worked fine so i ignored it. Untill now.

Last night i opened up my laptop after using it a few hours,but the screen was blank, but power was still running. Thought the battery died,so i charged it,expecting the laptop to turn off,but it didnt. Screen was still black.so my impatient self took out the battery,put it back in and tried charging it.

Now my laptop wont turn on or charge. No light comes on on the side wherere you charge it anymore. Nothing happens without the battery in it either.read a few other peoples reviews that said this happened to too, and bought a new battery, but still didnt fix it. Anyone have any experience with this?

if a friend has the same charger and/or battery, plug them and try to turn it on...it may be that both your battery and charger dont work(since you say the side light doesnt turn on)......also, dont put the faulty battery in the laptop anymore....

Comment

One of my laptops, a Toshiba, a few weeks ago, when I turned it on, the screen was black, would not turn on, but you could still here the power running. It turned out the problem was bad RAM. My friend took out one of the 2GB RAM chips and it worked fine afterwards.

Comment

Working...
      X