No announcement yet.

How much is to much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is to much?

Hey, i was wondering how many days a week can i train without it doing more harm then good? I've heard that if you lift to much your muscles wont have time to build back up and this is harmful to your muscles. Right now i lift 5 days a week, monday-friday. I also bike 4 miles a day 5 days a week, and i run 5 days a week. Unfortunitly i cant get to the gym on the weekends because that would require a 10mile bike ride, more then im willing to do haha. Im not in the boxing gym right now because i want to get in better shape first, so how much can i lift? Is it alright to lift but have a light day if im still feeling sore? Thanks

5'8" 130 lbs 18yo
    bench 170
    squat 220
    mile 6:12

You can train as often as you like, just make sure that each muscle gets 2 to 3 days off before it's being hit up again.

Comment

hmm maybe im not diversifying my routine enough?

right now my routine consists of mainly

bench/dumbell press
      squat
      crunches
      dumbell/barbell curl
      tricep extensions
      dumbell (military) press

So should i add more lifts, or just focus on one muscle per day.
      Right now im working my whole body every day in sets of 3; should i pick 2 or 3 lifts per muscle group and pump out a lot of sets instead?

thanks for your opinions

Comment

I would throw in some squats or deadlifts. It will help with your hip explosion.

Comment

big hands, i do squats every day. I've noticed a huge difference in hip power and over all leg strength. On top of that i bike 5 miles a day and run about a mile after some warm ups and cool down with a 1/4miles. Been taking the running kind of easy because i just quit smoking about 2 months ago and my lungs still aren't great

I havent been deadlifting, thanks for the tip. Im going to work that into my new routine; which im thinking will have an (a) day for legs and (b) day for upper body with running and crunches on both

any other lifts i can/should realy work into my routine?

Comment

That pretty much covers it. I have a simlar routine. You are hitting the main muscle groups with core exercises along with cardio. Let me know how your progress goes!

Comment

Working...
            X