Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather and what he should have done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather and what he should have done!

Floyd had a 2 year layoff, came back and fought a much smaller man in JMM. Even though he was in the P4P Top 3 and the Lightweight king, he was a hand picked opponent and was/is a tune up fight for his big showdown against Pacquaio.

Larry Holmes had a 2 year layoff, came back without a tune up fight and fought the best fighter around Mike Tyson but got his ass handed to him.

Sugar Ray Leonard had a 3year layoff, came back and moved up to a higher weight class to beat Marvin Hagler. The king of the Middleweight division.

If Mayweather was truly that great, like a Leonard or who ever, he should have just came out after Pacquaio defeated Hatton and said lets get it on. F the fight with Marquez, no need for a tune up.. bring on the Pac-Man

Originally posted by YoungJab View Post
    Floyd had a 2 year layoff, came back and fought a much smaller man in JMM. Even though he was in the P4P Top 3 and the Lightweight king, he was a hand picked opponent and was/is a tune up fight for his big showdown against Pacquaio.

Larry Holmes had a 2 year layoff, came back without a tune up fight and fought the best fighter around Mike Tyson but got his ass handed to him.

Sugar Ray Leonard had a 3year layoff, came back and moved up to a higher weight class to beat Marvin Hagler. The king of the Middleweight division.

If Mayweather was truly that great, like a Leonard or who ever, he should have just came out after Pacquaio defeated Hatton and said lets get it on. F the fight with Marquez, no need for a tune up.. bring on the Pac-Man
    Floyd is too smart not to take a tune up. Now that he has some rounds under his belt he can spank Pac, Cotto And Shane.

Comment

let it go..this is a broken ass record..move on..we have a great fight to look foward to tomorrow

Comment

He shoulda tuned up wit a lower top 10 WW. But he didn't. And it's over. Lets just hope SSM or Pac-Cotto winner is next.

Comment

Originally posted by cmartez View Post
          Floyd is too smart not to take a tune up. Now that he has some rounds under his belt he can spank Pac, Cotto And Shane.
          I think you missed the point of the TS in making this thread. Maybe you should reread the thread and the first post then edit your comment....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            He shoulda tuned up wit a lower top 10 WW. But he didn't. And it's over. Lets just hope SSM or Pac-Cotto winner is next.
            I think the only one out of those three he will take on is Pacquiao. If Cotto beats Pacquiao I don;t see them two fighting. Who else factors in at this point I dunno but I don;t see him fighting Shane or Cotto...I would see him fight Cotto first as I think Cotto is easier to beat than Mosley for Floyd....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by YoungJab View Post

the tune up against a LW is fine... but now he has to fight a real WW... aka MOSLEY!

Comment

Working...
              X