Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury Now in Manchester, September 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I didn't hear that

what about Tyson, wasn't he in the same boat ?

hmmm, not sure..... maybe they were clean I dunno

we need standardized testing, so all that stuff goes away

Mayweather was right

he is a liar, and disingenuous..... because he only demanded testing from Pacquiao because he knew that Manny was juicing..... if he really cared about cleaning up the sport he would insist that his own fighters were tested

but yea, he was right
    Nope - they still have trial but I was talking about the temporary lift. Case is still ongoing until 2030.

Comment

How much is Parker getting paid to go defend his belt in England?

Comment

Somehow, some way, Fury and his team managed to not only duck their way out of a fight in NZ after losing the purse bid, but renegotiate to get it in their own backyard. It's slimy as hell, but credit to them.

I will remain skeptical of this fight going ahead until they're actually standing in the ring though. And even then, I can imagine Peter running into the ring and calling a halt to the fight, while Hughie goes down clutching his vagina.

Hopefully, the fight goes ahead, so Parker can swat him aside and get on with real fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          How much is Parker getting paid to go defend his belt in England?
          Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            That it's more than $3 million?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              Somehow, some way, Fury and his team managed to not only duck their way out of a fight in NZ after losing the purse bid, but renegotiate to get it in their own backyard. It's slimy as hell, but credit to them.

I will remain skeptical of this fight going ahead until they're actually standing in the ring though. And even then, I can imagine Peter running into the ring and calling a halt to the fight, while Hughie goes down clutching his vagina.

Hopefully, the fight goes ahead, so Parker can swat him aside and get on with real fights.

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

to be honest, Parker's Team are not really in a position to handle too much responsibility in that regard, what with Duco cracking.....

also, New Zealand is not a great place to hold a boxing event

Parker had a deal with Top Rank, not sure if that still applies..... but they were only going to handle his fights in the US

let's face it, Parker got rag-dolled

no big deal, I actually think it's great

now the fight is likely to actually happen

Parker will be well-paid and have no distractions

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                to be honest, Parker's Team are not really in a position to handle too much responsibility in that regard, what with Duco cracking.....

also, New Zealand is not a great place to hold a boxing event

Parker had a deal with Top Rank, not sure if that still applies..... but they were only going to handle his fights in the US

let's face it, Parker got rag-dolled

no big deal, I actually think it's great

now the fight is likely to actually happen

Parker will be well-paid and have no distractions
                I'm not sure how DUCO's split affects the TR-based promotional agreement. As I understand it, Parker has indicated he wants to stick with David Higgins, as opposed to that muppet Dean Lonergan (fair enough too). But Higgins and Lonergan have to go through the splitting of shared assets, and one is likely to buy the other out of their ownership share of DUCO. Who knows if the TR deal still stands if Higgins has to create his own promotional company.

Nonetheless, you're right, Parker got hosed in this whole situations, but at least it's (probably) going to end up with the fight actually going ahead. Then we can get on with real fights.

Comment

I mean Tyson Fury got around 3-5 in Germany with perks as a challenger and a 7-1 underdog last time I checked and Parker is the champion so the lion-share goes to him...yeah they better cough up dat bread feel me?

Comment

If this pimply face bum isnt juicing he will pay the refs off to rob parker!

Comment

Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
                      If this pimply face bum isnt juicing he will pay the refs off to rob parker!
                      Same one that passed on Joshua and Wilder. Thanks to cousin Tyson he gets to pick the weakest champion of his choice in his country with the crowd and refs on his side.

Comment

Working...
                      X