No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo, Ward Would Exploit GGG’s Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo, Ward Would Exploit GGG’s Weaknesses

NEW YORK – As dominant as Gennady Golovkin was Saturday night, Bernard Hopkins didn’t see invincibility from his ringside seat at Madison Square Garden.

In fact, Hopkins suspects that fighters in multiple weight classes came away from Golovkin’s ninth-round technical knockout victory over David Lemieux more confident about their ability to knock off the Kazakh knockout artist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ward, yes. But Canelo!? We know you're just saying that cause you promote him

Comment

Oh **** off. Literally hours before the fight,you were still going on about how lemieux was going to surprise everyone,ko golovkin,and maybe even outbox him and beat him on points. Now you're spouting utter nonsense about how canelo and ward will expose golovkin based on his flaws from the fight? What flaws? Getting hit a grand total of 89 times in 8 rounds? Face it bhob,golovkin fought the perfect fight,and there's nothing that canelo could have taken from this fight other than how truely ****ed he is,if he ever decides to step into the ring with golovkin.

Comment

B-Hop lost a bit of objectivity with Golovkin given how much he stated Lemieux would cause him problems.

I didn't see too many flaws in Golovkin the other night. He boxed smarter than usual and he looked damn good doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Ward, yes. But Canelo!? We know you're just saying that cause you promote him
          I agree with this.

GGG would beat most fighters between 154-168.

I do not see him beating Ward, at all.

By the same token, I don't see him losing to Canello (or Cotto).

Comment

people are writing off golovkin but the guy can beat Ward. I dont favor him but he has a good shot. Ward looked awful vs Smith and if he doesnt improve he is in trouble. Hopefully it was ring rust or lack of motivation but if that is his level he is overrated i havent seen him at an amazing level since the time he fought Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
              Oh **** off. Literally hours before the fight,you were still going on about how lemieux was going to surprise everyone,ko golovkin,and maybe even outbox him and beat him on points. Now you're spouting utter nonsense about how canelo and ward will expose golovkin based on his flaws from the fight? What flaws? Getting hit a grand total of 89 times in 8 rounds? Face it bhob,golovkin fought the perfect fight,and there's nothing that canelo could have taken from this fight other than how truely ****ed he is,if he ever decides to step into the ring with golovkin.
              Completely idiotic post. I didn't see the fight this past Sat night. But I've seen several weaknesses in GGG that Ward would exploit. The main one being how uncomfortable GGG is fighting on the inside. Monroe had success, albiet minimal, whem he got in GGG's chest. Gennady also isn't nearly as good fighting going backwards. He's not totally lost. But he's definitely at his best when he's the one pressing the action.

IMO, Gennady's greatest stregnth is his ability to cut off the ring. He's also a very accurate puncher, which enhances his natural, GOD given power. But he's not unbeatable. He has the flaws I mentioned above. He's also kinda slow, hand and foot. He's also a bit robotic. What GGG's fans also fail realize is that Gennady has faced a very weak caliber of competition for a very long time. Things have come very easy for him in the ring. So its gonna be very interesting to see how he reacts when he isn't light years ahead of the guy across the ring.

I don't think Canelo can exploit his weaknesses. But I think Ward would more than exploit them. I think he'd dominate and embarrass GGG. Which is why Team GGG doesn't want the fight.

Comment

Golovkin surprised me with his defensive skills - his footwork kept him away from Lemieux most of the night. That said, lemieux's footwork sucks.

Canelo's footwork is not great, as seen in the Mayweather fight and also the Lara fight. But it is a step up from that of Lemieux. But when GGG attacks, Canelo will be more at danger from Canelo's fast fists than he was against Lemieux. Canelo is a step up from Lemieux but I still see Golovkin winning.

Against the Ward from the Super Six I see Golovkin playing the role of Lemieux and Ward playing the role of GGG when it comes to boxing skills. Ward doesn't have the power GGG has though. That Ward would probably get a points win if he can avoid getting hit flush on the chin for 12 rounds - which in itself is a big ask.

The real question is are we going to get the 'super six' Ward or some diminished less mobile version? Ward would need all his boxing ability to get a points win off GGG - anything less than a 100% Ward would be in jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex662290 View Post
                  people are writing off golovkin but the guy can beat Ward. I dont favor him but he has a good shot. Ward looked awful vs Smith and if he doesnt improve he is in trouble. Hopefully it was ring rust or lack of motivation but if that is his level he is overrated i havent seen him at an amazing level since the time he fought Froch.
                  Looked awful against Smith? You're outta your rabbit ass mind. Ge completely broke down, and stopped a guy that probably entered the ring over 190lbs, and was barely touched in the process.

Comment

Ward would take him to school easily, Canelo ehhhh not so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X