Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    FACT: This fighter will be the ONLY GREAT fighter Floyd will have on his record in nearly 10 years in and around his weight class.

You can talk **** as much as anyone wants but parsing through his resume in nearly a decade and having Miguel on it spruces up a pretty overall lackadaisical resume.
    He has Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto. Top 3 fighters in each of their weights since he's been out of retirement. All 3 legit world titlists.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I didn't real all that crap in the OP...But, what's the myth here? That Floyd avoided Cotto or that Cotto is/was a great fighter?
      BOTH ARE MYTHS......

COTTO ISNT GREAT, AND FLOYD NEVER DODGED COTTO.....

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...iggest-victory

BRIAN CAMPBELL
      Most people believe this fight against Mayweather should have taken place five years ago. From your point of view, why hasn't it happened until now?
      COTTO:
      First of all, I'm always available to face everyone. My feeling is that if the fight didn't happen before, then it wasn't right for my case [at the time]. It is available now and will happen this year on Saturday, May 5, so I am going to be prepared.

Was the Mayweather fight one that you pushed for through the years at any point behind the scenes with Bob Arum?
      COTTO:
      I never pushed for it at any time before. I would just see what is the best fight that I can get fight by fight. This one is the best one for me now. This is the best chapter in my career so far.

THERES YOUR PROOF... SIMPLY USE GOOGLE AND YOUR IMAGINATION TO SEE THE TRUTH REGARDING COTTO. Hes not great, but hes a good fighter. Now he can achieve greatness if he beats Floyd, but more than likely he will end up getting stopped....

Comment

• floyds resume post 140 is a complete and utter joke.

cotto's isnt. he's fought much better fighters in their weight classes and closer to their primes. FACT

floyd didn't duck anyone. OPINION and HERESAY

everyone else fought each other in and around his weight classes but somehow it never happens for floyd..hmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          FACT: This fighter will be the ONLY GREAT fighter Floyd will have on his record in nearly 10 years in and around his weight class.

You can talk **** as much as anyone wants but parsing through his resume in nearly a decade and having Miguel on it spruces up a pretty overall lackadaisical resume.
          Of all things you post a pic of a hall of famer in the nude covering himself with a sombrero

You cant be taken seriously at all.....

"like a f@g" is more like it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            floyds resume post 140 is a complete and utter joke.

cotto's isnt. he's fought much better fighters in their weight classes and closer to their primes. FACT

everyone else fought each other in and around his weight classes but somehow it never happens for floyd..hmmmmmmmm
            it's all his demanded opponenent's fault, not floyd's.

Comment

Cotto may have the better resume post-140 because that's when he hit his prime maybe? Floyd has been fighting champs and P4P'ers since 130 don't forget

Comment

Mayweather would have beat up everyone Cotto fought at 140lbs with no problems. Also Cotto fought more fighters at 140 and stayed their longer. Mayweather had 3 fights at 140. He beat a champ with a title which was Gatti....how many fighters at 140lbs did Cotto defeat at 140lbs who held a title at the time he fought them??.....ummmm ZERO!!
                Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-30-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

okay post 140 who has cotto beaten that floyd hasnt???

ZAB CHECK? FLOYD DID IT FIRST WITHOUT LOWBLOWS. And was whoopin that ass so badly he (ZAB) resulted to low blows.

MOSLEY? CHECK, AND FLOYD DIDNT RUN AT ALL. Walked his ass down, and Naazim was ready to throw in the towel.

OH YOU MUST be speaking of the great Carlos Quintana??
                  Or the legendary Oktay Urkal?? Future hall of famer huh?? You can say what you want, but in all honesty besides pacquiao (which cotto lost anyway) Ortiz ****s on Jennings, Oktay Urkal, and even Margarito!!!! The one eyed, come foreward non skilled ******...

What big fight has Margarito won?? Oh thats right against COTTO!!!

How about Alfonso Gomez, or Michael Jennings??

Clottey?? The Hall of Famer from GHANA?? Whom people even thought he lost to.....???

Who am I missing???

Margarito and Pacquiao.

But keep it real Homey on Floyds resume, who is weaker than MICHAEL JENNINGS???

What I find as a trait that cant be denied is this. When Cotto loses, he faces very weak opposition.....

When Margarito beat him he fought MICHAEL JENNINGS FOR A BELT. FOR A VACANT BELT AT THAT, THE WBO.....

AFTER A COUPLE FIGHTS HE LOST TO MANNY PACQUIAO and then proceeded to fight YURI FOREMAN THE GATE KEEPER (LMAO)

Yuri Foreman hasnt fought since early 2011 and he lost that fight as well to Wolak.

So keep it real bro, that shat you posted was stupid as hell....

You got to be drunk off "MALT LIQUOR"

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Arum would only give Floyd 7 mill for Cotto...now look how much Floyd and Cotto are making
                    Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    Mayweather is giving Cotto more than Arum was trying to give Mayweather
                    You guys can talk about money as much as you want but the fight that had to be made was 4 or 5 (end of 2007 or 2008) years ago ...... NOT NOW!!! ... not now unless Cotto is somehow miraculously reborn.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      You guys can talk about money as much as you want but the fight that had to be made was 4 or 5 (end of 2007 or 2008) years ago ...... NOT NOW!!! ... not now unless Cotto is somehow miraculously reborn.
                      I agree so why didn't Arum ever try to seriously Make the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X