Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 05-21-2006, 09:51 PM #11
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond reputegandhalf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,190,553.76
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. No Message - betmen 

Tyson maybe. His disproportionate amount of media attention was phenomenal. Ali also had incredible media attention but unlike Tyson, He was one of the P4P best in boxing history.
gandhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-22-2006, 12:16 AM #12
The Rock of His Times

RockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 153,134.20
Total Points: 259,312.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1964
that's the dumbest thing i heard you say ever.
I doubht it considering he quit twice against Ali, granted this was basically the only time he quit

also he fought at probably a weaker time then Marciano, because i know thats gunna be ur first defense that he was better then "my boy marciano". Marciano's big names were better then Liston's, the only big names (that were probably better then marciano's competition) that liston really even fought were Muhammad Ali and Clevland Williams and Floyd Patterson. It's also widely believed that many of Liston's fights were fixed. I don't 100% believe them but it makes you wonder. I don't have any real proof but its widely known that Liston had mob ties and at that time the mob was heavy into boxing. Also his Punch is very overrated, now once again you'd attack Marciano but i'd also like to point out that they both used the same ounce glove and Liston never did near the damage that Marciano did.

He also lost to a man who he outweighed by 15lbs, this same man had a less then stelar record.

So yes i'd say liston is overrated because he's only considered good because he gave a very green Ali trouble and thats only basically because Ali had some sort of chemical in his eyes (most likely one of Liston's old tricks).
RockyMarcianofan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:22 AM #13
THE MUTHAFUCKIN TRUTH

RAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond reputeRAESAAD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,013,940,368.33
Total Points: 16,014,219,067.28
Boxingscene's elite - !! AI-Holmes!! 30k POSTS PUSSY! - reedickyaluss grats on 30k - 2nd II none It's the directions to me crib BITCH. Haha.. Happy 30K cousin. - K-Nan Congrats on 30K posts, couldn't find an E hooker. - Jim Jeffries 
No Message - T-97 yuck! - mybisoy Mah Mayne Mahn Raesaad! - Dorian Pop Bottles for the Rays!!!!! - Mike06j770 Starin in my rearview - D E M Dz A 
You good peoples homey - mangler Thanx. Here's a lucky charm 4 ya homey. - mangler Have a drink on me homey - mangler Happy 33k Big Man.... - The Gully Gad 33K is the muthafukkin truth - Makavelli 
Long time no see bud.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Well it is obvious from the # of people that said Tyson......He is a top 5 overrated guy.Lennox Lewis is not by no means whoever said that earlier.If anything he is underrated.Lewis is a top 10 Alltime HW.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
RAESAAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:26 AM #14
The Rock of His Times

RockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond reputeRockyMarcianofan00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raesaad
Well it is obvious from the # of people that said Tyson......He is a top 5 overrated guy.Lennox Lewis is not by no means whoever said that earlier.If anything he is underrated.Lewis is a top 10 Alltime HW.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Lennox Lewis i said was an overrated one only because he's overrated by many

others underrate him

on my list he is top25(between 14-18) but many people put him as high as 7 on there top10 list.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 AM #15
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110,599.60
Total Points: 1,410,781.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMarcianofan00
I doubht it considering he quit twice against Ali, granted this was basically the only time he quit

also he fought at probably a weaker time then Marciano, because i know thats gunna be ur first defense that he was better then "my boy marciano". Marciano's big names were better then Liston's, the only big names (that were probably better then marciano's competition) that liston really even fought were Muhammad Ali and Clevland Williams and Floyd Patterson. It's also widely believed that many of Liston's fights were fixed. I don't 100% believe them but it makes you wonder. I don't have any real proof but its widely known that Liston had mob ties and at that time the mob was heavy into boxing. Also his Punch is very overrated, now once again you'd attack Marciano but i'd also like to point out that they both used the same ounce glove and Liston never did near the damage that Marciano did.

He also lost to a man who he outweighed by 15lbs, this same man had a less then stelar record.

So yes i'd say liston is overrated because he's only considered good because he gave a very green Ali trouble and thats only basically because Ali had some sort of chemical in his eyes (most likely one of Liston's old tricks).
i don't know where you get that liston is overrated. nobody here thinks that liston was ****. he's known for getting beat by ali and that's why people think he sucks. but if you look at how he terrorized the division. again, do you think liston would have lost to any of the people marciano fought, lol! liston did damage, fool. do your research. liston has knocked people out with jabs. has marciano knocked people out with one or two punches in the whole fight? liston wore larger gloves than marciano. he was the first boxer to use 10-12 oz gloves, so his punches were padded. honestly sometimes your cool but othertimes like right now you don't make any sense.
butterfly1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 AM #16
The Rock of His Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1964
i don't know where you get that liston is overrated. nobody here thinks that liston was ****. he's known for getting beat by ali and that's why people think he sucks. but if you look at how he terrorized the division. again, do you think liston would have lost to any of the people marciano fought, lol! liston did damage, fool. do your research. liston has knocked people out with jabs. has marciano knocked people out with one or two punches in the whole fight? liston wore larger gloves than marciano. he was the first boxer to use 10-12 oz gloves, so his punches were padded. honestly sometimes your cool but othertimes like right now you don't make any sense.
I never said Liston was ****, i think he's overrated. For Example I said lennox lewis was overrated, not to say he wasn't good but he doesn't deserve top 10 although he should be top20 (around 15). Liston was good but you putting him at number 2 isn't good. I think him closer to 13.

Marciano used 10oz gloves more so then any other oz gloves. And as far as i know so did liston, i didn't even think that 12 oz gloves are used in pro fights (i still think that). Marciano used mostly 10oz if less maybe 8 oz but even so only for a few fights. the standard glove from the 50's to today (as far as a i'm aware) has always been 10 oz

yea i know sometimes i'm cool other times i'm *****y, my friends say that alot. lol
Old 05-22-2006, 12:56 AM #17
The HW Sugar Ray!

butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMarcianofan00
I never said Liston was ****, i think he's overrated. For Example I said lennox lewis was overrated, not to say he wasn't good but he doesn't deserve top 10 although he should be top20 (around 15). Liston was good but you putting him at number 2 isn't good. I think him closer to 13.

Marciano used 10oz gloves more so then any other oz gloves. And as far as i know so did liston, i didn't even think that 12 oz gloves are used in pro fights (i still think that). Marciano used mostly 10oz if less maybe 8 oz but even so only for a few fights. the standard glove from the 50's to today (as far as a i'm aware) has always been 10 oz

yea i know sometimes i'm cool other times i'm *****y, my friends say that alot. lol
my point is that nobody here thinks liston was that good anyway. so even if you don't either, you still can't say he's overrated cause nobody overrates him. everyone thinks he sucks.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 AM #18
The Rock of His Times

well whatever then
Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 AM #19
Interim Champion

SuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzieQ49 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 47,628.20

neither liston nor marciano was underated. both are ATG top 10 heavies of all time.

* can anyone imagine marciano nailing tall ted williams with a left hook and watching him fall like an oak tree like carmine vingo?? sorry sounds dick, but ted williams was one
SuzieQ49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:07 AM #20
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49
neither liston nor marciano was underated. both are ATG top 10 heavies of all time.

* can anyone imagine marciano nailing tall ted williams with a left hook and watching him fall like an oak tree like carmine vingo?? sorry sounds dick, but ted williams was one
IMO marciano was top 15 not ten.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List