Carmen BASILIO Vs Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmen BASILIO Vs Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr

Carmen BASILIO Vs Floyd MAYWEATHER Jr
    Who wins this fight over the full championship distance of 15 rounds ? My pick here is that Basilio beats Floyd here by knockout, a higher calibre fighter than Mayweather has ever fought, or ever imagined. Basilio too good and too hard and tough. You are welcome to your opinion. No flaming please, just a discussion on how YOU see this fight unfolding, feel free to imagine this as a 2, 3, 4 or even 8 fight series......... it's your call now.
    BASILIO Victorious
    34.88%
    MAYWEATHER Victorious
    62.79%
    a DRAW
    2.33%

The poll is expired.

See Mayweather winning but he would be in a whole world of pain by the end of the fight, a close but clear win.

Would be interesting too see if Floyd could keep his boxing up for 15 rounds against a monster like Carmen.

Comment

I think Basilio would win about 5 rounds just based on sheer volume and aggression. But, throughout most of the fight he won't land anything great on Floyd and certainly won't sustain the offense. Floyd wins most rounds by riding out Carmen's fury and nailing him with well-placed shots.

Mayweather W15 Basilio.

Comment

If Basilio can beat Robinson he could beat Floyd. It would be a close fight, I just don't think Floyd has the power to deter Carmen's aggression and volume.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          If Basilio can beat Robinson he could beat Floyd. It would be a close fight, I just don't think Floyd has the power to deter Carmen's aggression and volume.
          What did guys like Johnny Saxton do to beat Basilio?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            well JAB, I KNOW that Sugar Ray Robinson utterly wipes the floor with Mayweather at WW......................... or MW

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Saxton was a helluva fighter,, but Carmen worked him out in the end,, obviously Carmen got better...... of course Carmen would keep improving,,, he fought in a cauldron, an era that Floyd cant even imagine.... his ego wouldnt let him,,,, btw,, Carmen had a decent sized ego too..... just not quite as public with it.

Comment

Floyd's defense and boxing skills are just too good for anyone at 147 to have wiped the floor with him. But, I have no doubt Ray Robinson defeats him....

Comment

and yes, its possible that Johnny Saxton beats Mayweather..... as for Saxton,, its a well known fact that Johnny was owned by the mob.

Comment

Floyd's defense and boxing skills are just too good for anyone at 147 to have wiped the floor with him. But, I have no doubt Ray Robinson defeats him....
                    too good for any 147 in the 21st century,, I dont think you realise just how good fighters were back then mate,, I think many great WW's wipe the floor with him,,, some of them even knock Floyd clean out.

Comment

Working...
                    X