No announcement yet.

Fed Ex is a crappy company.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    FedEx is 1000000% better than UPS. UPS is trash company more focused on business than consumers. UPS tracking system and general rules are so ******ed.

FedEx will let you know where your package is at any time and will even let you meet up with the driver by sending him a message or a phone call. UPS needs to wait "until driver comes back" or some other garbage, and their tracking system is the worst in the world.

FedEx > USPS > Pigeons > Donkeys > Hot Air Balloons > UPS in terms of Shipping
    damn right, UPS sucks balls.

Comment

I've worked in logistics for some time and have extensive knowledge so many carriers it's not even funny. I can tell you straight up that I wish USPS was able to handle the volume of packages that a fedex or UPS because USPS cares for packages a lot better than FX/UPS. With UPS/FX i promise you with all my heart your packaged has been thrown around more times than you can count on both hands. FX/UPS have higher damage rates than USPS although they probably ship more packages than they do. USPS/FX have a different work culture that forces employees to cut corners when handling packages in order to meet demand. USPS is not as extreme in production.

As a consumer you get the best bang out of USPS. FX/UPS can not touch USPS priority shipping box rates and transit times. If you EVER have to ship a package go to a post office and ship it priority. UPS standard ground from CA to NY is 5 days and a pretty penny depending on weight. USPS will get it there in a few days max at a lower cost.

Both FX and UPS have almost the exact transit times. Fed ex actually has faster tranist times from coast to coast. Many of the eastern states that takes UPS 5 days to get to, takes FedEx 4 days to get to. Compare these two transit maps. These are from packages shipped from California. You'll notice fed ex hits the southeast states in 4 days while it takes UPS 5 days to hit the same area.

for the most part both fed ex and ups have the same transit times so if you're getting something sooner via one carrier, it's not the carrier it's the shipper who is delaying your shipment. One the carrier receives your package transit times are almost identical so it's up to the shipper to get it out the door asap.

I'll tell you this both fed ex and UPS treat your packages like crap and don't you dare write fragile on them, because it'll get treated even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        FedEx is 1000000% better than UPS. UPS is trash company more focused on business than consumers. UPS tracking system and general rules are so ******ed.

FedEx will let you know where your package is at any time and will even let you meet up with the driver by sending him a message or a phone call. UPS needs to wait "until driver comes back" or some other garbage, and their tracking system is the worst in the world.

FedEx > USPS > Pigeons > Donkeys > Hot Air Balloons > UPS in terms of Shipping
        Well, for whatever reason Fed EX always seems to bring my **** late. I was told yesterday and I won't get the package till today(I tracked it and it's only 20 miles from the house now). But due to this and not wanting to go pick it up, I have to sit here and scratch the stuff I wanted to do today. I have to get the package today as well because I'm gonna be out of town for over a week starting tomorrow. So, I'm a tad upset about it.

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
        I've worked in logistics for some time and have extensive knowledge so many carriers it's not even funny. I can tell you straight up that I wish USPS was able to handle the volume of packages that a fedex or UPS because USPS cares for packages a lot better than FX/UPS. With UPS/FX i promise you with all my heart your packaged has been thrown around more times than you can count on both hands. FX/UPS have higher damage rates than USPS although they probably ship more packages than they do. USPS/FX have a different work culture that forces employees to cut corners when handling packages in order to meet demand. USPS is not as extreme in production.

As a consumer you get the best bang out of USPS. FX/UPS can not touch USPS priority shipping box rates and transit times. If you EVER have to ship a package go to a post office and ship it priority. UPS standard ground from CA to NY is 5 days and a pretty penny depending on weight. USPS will get it there in a few days max at a lower cost.

Both FX and UPS have almost the exact transit times. Fed ex actually has faster tranist times from coast to coast. Many of the eastern states that takes UPS 5 days to get to, takes FedEx 4 days to get to. Compare these two transit maps. These are from packages shipped from California. You'll notice fed ex hits the southeast states in 4 days while it takes UPS 5 days to hit the same area.

for the most part both fed ex and ups have the same transit times so if you're getting something sooner via one carrier, it's not the carrier it's the shipper who is delaying your shipment. One the carrier receives your package transit times are almost identical so it's up to the shipper to get it out the door asap.

I'll tell you this both fed ex and UPS treat your packages like crap and don't you dare write fragile on them, because it'll get treated even worse.
        Nice info and I'm sure it's all correct but I'm just saying in my experiences Fed EX bites d1ck. It seems like they are always late.

Comment

Working...
        X