Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could hop in a time machine and attend one boxing match, what would it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shock & awe of Tyson-Douglass is up there for me, but I'd really love to see Duran-Leonard I with Sanchez-Nelson a close 2nd

Comment

Ali-Foreman or Tyson-Spinks. The first is obvious but the second probably not. I like it cause at the time it was a big deal with both of them being undefeated (pretty sure that's when "somebody's 0 has to go" started) and it confirmed Tyson's status as the baddest man on the planet. The build up was crazy and Tyson gave everyone what they wanted with a vicious first round destruction of Spinks.

Comment

Any of...

Robinson-La Motta

Curry-Honeyghan

Lewis-Klitschko

Benn-McClellan

Comment

Probably Gatti Ward 1 or the thrilla in manilla .I've got a programme for the thrilla in manilla but it turned out to be a closed circuit tv one. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=history

Comment

Cool thread, I would go to the chavez sr vs Taylor fight for the bad azz and clutch KO

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Jack Johnson fights???
              Exactly, a man with perception. I don't know why all the posters want to see Ali anf the latter day fighters. I saw nearly all of those fights, and they can be seen any time they want to, on Video, which gives more detail than live 150 ft from the ring
              I'd want to see Johnson and Willard, then Johnson and Jeffries for a comparison. Historical stuff.
              Last edited by edgarg; 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                Any of...

Robinson-La Motta

Curry-Honeyghan

Lewis-Klitschko

Benn-McClellan
                You can see all those fights on video far better than in the cheap seats. What I remember most about the Curry_Honeyghan fight was that it was a huge shock to all experts, and mostly I could see a flailing set of arms like a windmill. Honeyghan that night walked all over curry, who never was allowed to do anything, very like Mayorga and Forrest.

Comment

I'd have loved to have seen any Young Griffo fight.

And of course Harry Greb.

Comment

Originally posted by slick23 View Post
                    I'd have to go with Louis v.s. Schmelling 2. I can't even imagine how intense the build up for that was. Can you imagine a ringside seat to that?
                    The definitive book on this fight is, "The greatest Fight Of Our Generation" by Lewis Erenberg. I find it a hard read, repetitious and too painstaking, can only be read in sections, but that's just me. It thoroughly deals with the preceding years, the massive buildup and the aftermath. The fight itself is an anticlimax I've had it for 4 years already and not finished yet.

I normally read about 2-300 books a year.

Comment

Robinson Lamotta 2

Comment

Working...
                      X