Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lampley: David wants a fight with Canelo, I don't think he helped himself tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Jim Lampley's rationale is just because David Lemieux KO an undersized, overachieving, middleweight journeyman fighter in Curtis Stevens that he was expected and supposed to defeat. Is going to give a naturally wider, taller, stronger, faster, more skilled, top tier and world class fighter of Saul Canelo Alvarez' caliber, second thoughts about challenging him? Please give me break! The last I checked, Saul Canelo Alvarez is not Curtis Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      He couldn't even KO old man Cotto. He won't be able to hurt Lemeuix
      Only reason Cotto didn't get KOd was because he was on his bycicle all night.

Lemieux is a plodding slugger with basic skills and poor defense

He will be a sitting duck for Canelo's counter-combos

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        So Jim Lampley's rationale is just because David Lemieux KO an undersized, overachieving, middleweight journeyman fighter in Curtis Stevens that he was expected and supposed to defeat. Is going to give a naturally wider, taller, stronger, faster, more skilled, top tier and world class fighter of Saul Canelo Alvarez' caliber, second thoughts about challenging him? Please give me break! The last I checked, Saul Canelo Alvarez is not Curtis Stevens.
        lemieux isn't khan, smith or that fat lazy bum chavez jr either. lemiuex is a threat to ducknelo not only with his power but also his size.

Comment

Canelo vs Lemieux would do well on PPV and Golden Boy could keep things in house.

So that's yet another good money fight available to Alvarez, he has so many options.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Lampley is talking about the risk aversion that plagues Canelo as of late. Whether it's him or (more likely) Oscar and GBP trying to avoid dangerous fights.

Canelo is leagues above Stevens, but when you look at boxing from a business perspective - why would you step in the ring with Lemieux at the moment? Golovkin took his world title and he has one punch knockout power in both hands. It's all risk and little reward.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Canelo vs Lemieux would do well on PPV and Golden Boy could keep things in house.

So that's yet another good money fight available to Alvarez, he has so many options.
              lemieux isn't really a household name plus its a real risky fight for gbp.fans are going to be pissed off and will stop buying his ppvs if canelo ducks ggg in september after gbp swore the ggg fight would happen on that date.

Comment

I know people are excited about Lemieux but I've got to be honest and say the only improvement I saw was aggression. He's still sloppy as hell. Full credit for the win. I predicted he'd win.

Canelo is clearly a level, maybe two, above Lemieux. I understand, not everyone knows the science and won't get why people say Lemieux has bad technique. But, there's a reason many criticize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                  Lampley is talking about the risk aversion that plagues Canelo as of late. Whether it's him or (more likely) Oscar and GBP trying to avoid dangerous fights.

Canelo is leagues above Stevens, but when you look at boxing from a business perspective - why would you step in the ring with Lemieux at the moment? Golovkin took his world title and he has one punch knockout power in both hands. It's all risk and little reward.
                  That perspective has validity. But, I see the opposite. Enough people know DL, and he's distancing himself far enough from his last loss, that's he's a good win. If Canelo fights Lemieux after this, it looks legit and won't draw too much criticism. But, many of us know that it's a fantastic fight for Canelo and will showcase some of his strong points. Also, the perfect setup for a ggg fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I know people are excited about Lemieux but I've got to be honest and say the only improvement I saw was aggression. He's still sloppy as hell. Full credit for the win. I predicted he'd win.

Canelo is clearly a level, maybe two, above Lemieux. I understand, not everyone knows the science and won't get why people say Lemieux has bad technique. But, there's a reason many criticize it.

he possibly will fight Lemieux

I will call that a cherry-pick

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                      Canelo Kirkland' Lemieux if they fight this year.
                      I thought of that fight too, but I doubt it. Let's not forget Kirkland got blitzed in one by the Japanese guy who can't punch at all. The guy's chin is soft.

Lemeiux is no LaMotta, but it took attrition to stop him against GGG and he weathered some good shots from Stevens, who for all his lacking is a legit puncher. More legit than Canelo at 160.

I think it would likewise be a war, but a more dangerous and long lasting one for Canelo. I say Canelo late after Lemeiux gasses. May even go the distance if he gets too much respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X