Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone considered a PhD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup then I found out it would cost me 30-40k to do it and that's going to a state university.

Comment

I did considered a PhD in Film and Digital Media.

Comment

I've been called the Doctor of Love on occasion.....

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          or are currently doing one?
          No, fairly early on it just didn't make sense to me. If you love something like medicine, or law, great, otherwise, depending on the industry, those years you could be working and make similar/comparable income down the road. I know if I manage my career correctly, I can make 200k+ in a few years, and retire making more than that, and that's not counting any secondary income which I am considering very seriously right now, investments, etc. And I only have a B.S.

But more power to you for going for it, I just don't want to be in school for that long, put that much time into it, I would rather use that time for other, equally meaningful or enjoyable things, especially if I was only pursuing a PhD for the money.

Comment

I was offered one but did a masters by research instead, the thought of writing a 100,000 word thesis was just too overwhelming.

Comment

I have done some classes for my masters, but I think that's as far as I'll ever go (in economics). If I finish the masters, its just so I can teach a few college classes on an adjunct level when I'm older for some extra cash.

Comment

Do you mean a dhp, amgsina?

Comment

Working...
                X