Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bale vs Di Caprio: Who's the better actor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if this will make sense, but bale may very well be the better actor, but I feel like DiCaprio is that once in a generation type of guy.

Comment

DiCaprio by a country mile.

Bale is good but he is very hit and miss and IMO, overrated especially atm with Machinist and Batman fresh on peoples minds. Was he really even good in The Machinist? He seems to get more credit for starving himself than his acting.

Inception
      Titanic
      Django Unchained
      The Wolf of Wall St
      Catch me if you can
      Shutter Island
      Gangs of New York
      The Aviator

I am sure someone can name as many good/great films Bale starred in but I list those as examples of how brilliant and versatile DiCaprio is. He was outstanding in all of those films.
      Last edited by dan_cov; 03-05-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Bale ..........

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          DiCaprio by a country mile.

Bale is good but he is very hit and miss and IMO, overrated especially atm with Machinist and Batman fresh on peoples minds. Was he really even good in The Machinist? He seems to get more credit for starving himself than his acting.

Inception
          Titanic
          Django Unchained
          The Wolf of Wall St
          Catch me if you can
          Shutter Island
          Gangs of New York
          The Aviator

I am sure someone can name as many good/great films Bale starred in but I list those as examples of how brilliant and versatile DiCaprio is. He was outstanding in all of those films.
          The Prestige.
          American Psycho
          Rescue Dawn
          The Flowers of War
          The Fighter
          Equilibrium

Comment

Bale plays a variety of roles. Di Caprio plays one.

Comment

Di carpio. He was really good in DJango.

Last edited by TRTboy; 03-05-2014, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                The Prestige.
                American Psycho
                Rescue Dawn
                The Flowers of War
                The Fighter
                Equilibrium

I guess it comes down to personal preference really.
                He was immense in American Psycho. I felt The Fighter was all about Wahlberg. Rescue Dawn I couldn't get into at all as for a lot of his films actually.

Comment

He was immense in American Psycho. I felt The Fighter was all about Wahlberg. Rescue Dawn I couldn't get into at all as for a lot of his films actually.
                  Bale stole the show in The Fighter. No one was talking about Mark Wahlbergs performance.

He was awesome in The Prestige as well, easily one of my favorite movies of the past 25 years.

Comment

Actually, Whalberg's acting was greatly defined in that movie because of Bale's superb performance as a troubled brother.

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Bale stole the show in The Fighter. No one was talking about Mark Wahlbergs performance.

He was awesome in The Prestige as well, easily one of my favorite movies of the past 25 years.
                    Compared to Wahlberg's movies (pre-Fighter) where the center of his acting were showing his biceps, IMO, Mark did great in The Fighter.
                    Last edited by led; 03-05-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

check out this post on dicaprio's imdb:

"He will never win as long as he stays in his "I'm the king of the world" roles. His latest was a rich Wall Street broker. He needs to play roles that go against his personality. Lets say more of a Matthew McConaughey type role, a gay man dying of aids. Wait a minute... Didn't Tom Hanks also win for a role like that? I do think he's a great actor, just needs to challenge himself, really challenge himself."

thats what im trying to say

Comment

Working...
                      X