Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One key difference between Floyd and Conor people are missing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One key difference between Floyd and Conor people are missing.

Overtraining IS a thing.

If there's one thing Money Mayweather knows how to do, it's train to the right dimension based on his opponent - because he's been in the ring with so many different sizes and styles of opponents. In a BOXING context.

This is McGregor's first boxing rodeo. He stays in basic shape for the Octagon, but boxing training is an entirely different beast. There's an absolute risk of overtraining that results in a Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. performance come fight night.

i dont appreciate your avatar.

if a girl crouches down like that, i wnat to see full on vagina.

Comment

Mayweather trains like a mechanic that fine tunes an engine, years of experience to figure the right balance of training and recovery for the long grind. I don't see Conor's past training regime for explosive bursts, defending takedowns and grappling cross over well into boxing, but we'll see.

Comment

Overtrained or not, you're acting like this is a competitive fight.
        Best ever vs a UFC fighter with 0-0-0 boxing record.
        Don't worry too much mate. Your hero will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Overtrained or not, you're acting like this is a competitive fight.
          Same was said about Jeff Horn. We saw what happened.

Anyway, McGregor COULD theoretically "Jose Aldo" Mayweather. It's possible, however unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Overtraining IS a thing.

If there's one thing Money Mayweather knows how to do, it's train to the right dimension based on his opponent - because he's been in the ring with so many different sizes and styles of opponents. In a BOXING context.

This is McGregor's first boxing rodeo. He stays in basic shape for the Octagon, but boxing training is an entirely different beast. There's an absolute risk of overtraining that results in a Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. performance come fight night.
            Maybe so, but I'm sure just like Floyd he can afford some of the best S&C coaches/nutritionists going, he isn't in charge of his workouts from a fitness standpoint, neither of them are.

The main difference to me is Floyd will have the natural conditioning to box 12x3 min rounds despite being off for 2 years, whereas Connor hasn't, hes got the natural conditioning to fight 5x5min rounds in an octagon.

Comment

The other key difference is that one is actually a boxer, the other isn't. Oops. Guess that's not important in a boxing match during the Mayweather era.

Comment

All his flaws are going to become apparent on fight night and there will be a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Same was said about Jeff Horn. We saw what happened.

Anyway, McGregor COULD theoretically "Jose Aldo" Mayweather. It's possible, however unlikely.
                  Horn got a total of 17 professional fights coming into the Pac fight.
                  16 wins, 11 by KO, zero loss, 1 draw.
                  Pac got 6 loses, put to sleep by JMM.

Mayweather is the best ever.
                  He's undefeated fighting a UFC figther with zero boxing record.

Apples and chicken.

Comment

I think this fight might be the greatest piece of physical comedy committed to film.

Comment

Working...
                    X