Collapse
No announcement yet.

78 Sports TV made a video stating that Wilder is better than Wlad ever was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its only sparring but its well known wlad dropped wilder more than once in sparring and dominated the spars. It does kind of figure because wilder showed absolutely no interest in a klitschko fight, it would have been easy to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      78sports has some good videos but its way too early to be talking about this. let's revisit this topic in 10 years. we'll see. in 2028 if Wilder is still active we'll have a conclusive answer. on the Joe Rogan podcast he said he plans to fight for another decade too.
      Wilder is 33 years old and has had 41 pro fights. He is probably as good as he will ever be and starting the slow decline that naturally happens to boxers of that age. It's perfectly fair to compare him directly to the 33 year old Wlad. Nothing is going to change by 2028 and Wilder will not miraculously improve as he gets 10 years older. Wlad didn't get better after 33 years of age and neither will Wilder.

Comment

The only thing Wilder has thats better than Wlad is power. Aside from that, no one can name one thing that makes him better.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          The only thing Wilder has thats better than Wlad is power. Aside from that, no one can name one thing that makes him better.
          Im not even sure this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Wilder is 33 years old and has had 41 pro fights. He is probably as good as he will ever be and starting the slow decline that naturally happens to boxers of that age. It's perfectly fair to compare him directly to the 33 year old Wlad. Nothing is going to change by 2028 and Wilder will not miraculously improve as he gets 10 years older. Wlad didn't get better after 33 years of age and neither will Wilder.
            Yea Wilder is 33 but he started real late in boxing, at age 21 i believe. i can see him improving for sure and going for another decade. his body of work now is not enough to compare to Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
              I think Wladimir should be ranked higher due to his longevity, he was the absolute best heavyweight in the world for a very long time. Wilder was one of the best l, but bever number 1, for a while and beat 1 credible opponent in his whole career so far.

With that being said I'd however always prefer watching Wilder despite his flaws because he brings excitement to the game. The game of boxing has been missing big punchers with heart like Deontay Wilder especially at heavyweight.
              Wlad will always be difficult to place in proper historical context because he never really had a real rival or two to measure him against. The biggest fight he could have had was of course his brother but that was never going to happen. So his fought Eurostiffs for his entire career and most of his fights were snoozefests. But I think he was a legit top 20 HW all-time. He was never really bothered in his prime.

Wilder will be measured against Fury and probably Joshua which will probably make his career more easily put into historical context.

Comment

I don't think age matters so much as opponents. Wlad was cursed with a relatively weak era with very few legit challengers.

Comment

Lol I un subbed him a long time ago.

Comment

Wlad entered is his prime in that 33-35 range.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Wlad entered is his prime in that 33-35 range.
                      Yeah he didn't even hook up with Steward until he was almost 30 IIRC...

Comment

Working...
                      X